GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???

Go down 
+7
vettfingers
Sprocket
Cadet57
81X11
sherlock9c1
rh96ss
Lynol
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:21 am

Was reading how to remove the cladding and saw this in my '92 OCC FSM. I've never seen any OCC with a badge here, I wonder if any early '91s maybe had this, or if it was cut before production started. Looks like the same thing they had on the Cutlass Ciera, maybe others around the same time. You can clearly see it in these two GM photos, but another '91 OCC GM photo of a red one did not have it. Also I noticed some GM photos of 1991 RMWs and OCCs have blacked out B pillars. Was this also a pre-production thing that got changed too?
From Car stuff
From Car stuff
From Car stuff
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:41 am

The pictures don't come up when I view the post but are visible when I post a Reply. Trying to post for you.

I have never seen a car with the emblems there but have noticed it in the promotional pics. The FSM has a Caprice grill pictured....

Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Hoodbadge

Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Oldsmobile_custom-cruiser-1991_r1.jpg

Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? 1991.oldsmobile.customcruiser.8651-E
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:02 am

'91 Caprice sedans had blacked out B pillars as well. I don't know if the '92s did.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 am

My 88 Cutlass has that same emblem in that location. Lots of Olds did. My guess is GM saves 15-cents by not including it on the production OCC's.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:33 am

I think you could be right. I would guess the FSM is made before production starts so dealers have the books available once the cars are available, which is how this made it into the book. In a way i'm glad they never put them on. It looks a bit weird on the wagon.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:59 am

my 91 Grimace had factory blacked out pillars. no badge on the hood and I'm a very early production car (#139) So guessing it was never put on in production. I've seen the photos and thought about putting one there just 'cuz but the only badge on the car now is the grille rocket logo. the rest are in the garage taken off when it was purplized.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Well at least we know exactly where it was to go if someone decides to add it. Good post, with the measurments on it.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
vettfingers

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 pm

None on my 1991.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:48 pm

Stop the presses!!! you mean to tell me there was a badge that was NOT put on the cars??

whoa!!

Nick
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:12 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Stop the presses!!! you mean to tell me there was a badge that was NOT put on the cars??

whoa!!

Nick
Actually Nick, there were supposed to be even more before the bean counters had them cut down to just the two Olds logos on the grille and hood. The designers were concerned that 3 Oldsmobile emblems on the front of the car were not enough to scream "this is a freakin' Oldsmobile" at people. Here's a rare picture of what it was supposed to look like:
Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Realoc10
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:38 am

Is that a pontiac?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:01 am

Can't really tell. Details look a bit fuzzy.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:08 am

TOO FREAKING FUNNY

Great photoshopping!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:59 am

I love the roof ornament. I may put one on my Buick. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:32 am

81X11 wrote:
I love the roof ornament. I may put one on my Buick. Very Happy
The curve of the roof edge is probably the same as the hood edge
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:47 am

Ahahahahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Now it just needs fog lights that beam the olds rocket into the rear view mirrors of cars in front of you
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:33 am

The only olds logo that I still have on my wagon is the one on the rear tailgate.
My custom cruiser logos fell off in the car washes long ago.
I'd like to find some new ones to replace when I eventually have it repainted (anyone know where I can pick some up?), but not sure If i'm going to stick them in the same place. I was thinking about the rear quarters, just under the windows.
I've taken off all the old rocket logo's, not that there were many, and slowly replacing them with the more modern oval rocket like whats in my avatar.
Locations : Between the grill where the old logo is, right behind the front fender well, where the old cubic inch logo's used to go, and I'm leaving the original olds logo right under the rear window. Been thinking when I paint it and do the bottom half back in silver, that I might ghost the oldsmobile name in paint across the back bumper.

Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:26 pm

oldscruiser wrote:
The only olds logo that I still have on my wagon is the one on the rear tailgate.
My custom cruiser logos fell off in the car washes long ago.
I'd like to find some new ones to replace when I eventually have it repainted (anyone know where I can pick some up?), but not sure If i'm going to stick them in the same place. I was thinking about the rear quarters, just under the windows.
I've taken off all the old rocket logo's, not that there were many, and slowly replacing them with the more modern oval rocket like whats in my avatar.
Locations : Between the grill where the old logo is, right behind the front fender well, where the old cubic inch logo's used to go, and I'm leaving the original olds logo right under the rear window. Been thinking when I paint it and do the bottom half back in silver, that I might ghost the oldsmobile name in paint across the back bumper.

Contact Fred, he mentioned to me a while back he had some custom cruiser emblems (most of them except the grille IIRC).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???   Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever seen this on an OCC???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: