GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)

Go down 
+5
DBeaSSt
Olds Weighty Eight
95BRMW
phantom 309
Lynol
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Empty
PostSubject: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 8:41 am

Well, it only took almost two years since scanning the little '92 brochure, but I finally got around to scanning and making PDFs from the Custom Cruiser pages out of the large (11x19) 1991 and 1992 Olds full line brochures. I made a web page for all the brochures; all the ones from 9C1.net are there too, as well as other brochures I've found and scanned. I hope to have the '82 Chevy police brochure up tonight, and some Caprice brochures I'm borrowing should be up next week.
(note that the new OCC scans are meant to be viewed looking at two pages at once, so if you're using a third party PDF viewer and not Adobe, they won't show up right).

Auto Brochure Collection web page

Heres the plain URL as that link seems to only work when logged in
http://www.exvtc.com/brochures.htm

Last edited by JaySS on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:04 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Link update)
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:12 am

Lynol wrote:
Well, it only took almost two years since scanning the little '92 brochure, but I finally got around to scanning and making PDFs from the Custom Cruiser pages out of the large (11x19) 1991 and 1992 Olds full line brochures. I made a web page for all the brochures; all the ones from 9C1.net are there too, as well as other brochures I've found and scanned. I hope to have the '82 Chevy police brochure up tonight, and some Caprice brochures I'm borrowing should be up next week.
(note that the new OCC scans are meant to be viewed looking at two pages at once, so if you're using a third party PDF viewer and not Adobe, they won't show up right).
Auto Brochure Collection web page

Interesting reading lynol thanks,.i think your hard work should be a sticky on this forum for sure
1A2 option codes are interesting to read,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 am

Nice collection. Nick is right, the 1A2 one is really interesting. Now I gotta compare this to my SPID and see what cool stuff mine has.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Excellent! I've not come across the '92 Olds brochures in my travels so I've not seen them before. Thanks! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Nice work Lynol! I think this is sticky worthy. Perhaps the Pics/Vids section?

I just found the color and interior brochure this year at Carlisle. Neat stuff to go through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Fascinating read,thanks Lynol!Learning a bunch about our wagons.
Definitely needs a sticky all its own!
Jim
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Wow, very cool page Lynol. I'm in nerd overload right now. cheers
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Moving to Pics and Video.... sticky-ing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Did anyone notice that on the '94 1A2 book it lists the L99 as the standard engine while the 5.7L was "optional" I thought that '94+ the LT1 was the only engine you could get in the wagons?

Another thing I noticed is that 225/70/15 is listed as the "standard" tire for all 1A2's yet civilian cars got 225/75's...
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Did anyone notice that on the '94 1A2 book it lists the L99 as the standard engine while the 5.7L was "optional" I thought that '94+ the LT1 was the only engine you could get in the wagons?

Another thing I noticed is that 225/70/15 is listed as the "standard" tire for all 1A2's yet civilian cars got 225/75's...

Supposedly there are only 2 L99 wagons in existence. For whatever reason the police package cars get the 225/70/15. The same went for the 9C1s that I think get 235/75/15 on civilian models. The door sticker on my 1A2 calls for the 225/70's.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:23 pm

UPDATE! Added three more brochures to the page: 1994, 1995 and 1996 civi Caprice brochures. Enjoy...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Enjoyed looking at the OCC brochures in the above link. Pretty cool! I played "check off the options". The dash pic of the '92 has the CD player that I have on my shelf in the garage. The CD on mine is dead, came out of Mom's '93 Cutlass. I may try to get it fixed and installed. Like the stock look!

I do wish the 92 OCC's had kept the Roadmaster's sail panel window design like the 91's had. I like the sweptback look better the the solid piece of glass running to the rear side door..

.....but I'll trade that window design for the 350 engine...any day! Very Happy

Other than that side window treatment and the red instead of chrome or black rocket emblems, is there anything else different between the 91 and 92 OCC's design-wise?

Trying to learn all I can!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:26 am

UPDATE! I've scanned in some more brochures I bought recently. This time, it's all about the Buicks. We've got Roadmaster sedans and wagons from all years except '93 and '96, and even the '90 Estate wagon is there. Check out the link to my brochures page in the first post. Enjoy, and remember these scans are meant to be viewed looking at two pages at once, so if you're using a third party PDF viewer and not Adobe, they won't show up right.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:35 am

Interesting looking at the '95 Roady brochure, the boat-towing pic, the roof-rack is body-colored, not black, and the sliding rail appears to be a flat Olds-style TBI black one. Also in the page before and that page, neither car has the big raised rails.

Interesting...

Thanks for scanning!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 1:30 pm

81X11 wrote:
Interesting looking at the '95 Roady brochure, the boat-towing pic, the roof-rack is body-colored, not black, and the sliding rail appears to be a flat Olds-style TBI black one.   Also in the page before and that page, neither car has the big raised rails.

Interesting...

Thanks for scanning!
Yeah I noticed the black, flat roof bar but I didn't notice that the plastic surround was still body color. The '95 Brochure actually used the same pic with the boat, they just 'shopped in the new mirror! And no pics in the '95 brochure show the new roof rack bars. Did you notice the prototype center caps on the wheels of the '94 sedan? I didn't even know sedans got those "new" wheels until '95.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Thanks for all the hard work,great info to have.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 10:09 am

Cool stuff Lionel! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 8:06 pm

Thanks for posting these!!! I love BBody literature!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 3:39 pm

UPDATE! I just scanned in the Custom Cruiser & Cutlass Cruiser section from a book I just bought; The 1991 "Oldsmobile Quality Advantage" salesperson's handbook -part of the "Oldsmobile Training Matrix" as so says the cover. It's a full-line quick reference and comparison book that gives you info on the car, what the press and customers are saying, and also tells you how the Olds stacks up against the domestic competition (in this section's case the Crown Victoria/Country Squire wagon, and Taurus wagon). This lumps the OCC in with the Cutlass [Ciera] Cruiser, which makes for a bit of confusion, and probably why the Taurus is included.

It's a 13-page PDF, and it's under the Olds section on my brochures web page in the first post, but to save you some clicking it's also right here: 1991 Olds Quality Advantage -OCC and CCC
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:12 pm

So that one, brief Automobile Magazine quote in the "Oldsmobile Quality Advantage" book I put up got me searching for the article it came from, and I found it in the October 1990 issue, along with reviews on the Roadmaster and Caprice. I also bought the April 1990 issue as it has an early preview of the '91 Caprice! I have scanned all four of these articles and put them in one PDF file. Happy reading!
Here's the link:
Automobile Magazine 1991 B-body reviews PDF

Heres the plain URL, as that link seems to only work when logged in
http://exvtc.com/downloads/brochures/automobile_mag_91_b-body_reviews.pdf

Last edited by Lynol on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Thanks for sharing those,Lynol. I had to chuckle reading,"the 22 gallon OCC fuel tank should be good for 500 miles between fill ups."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)   B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B-Body Literature (Various GM brochure scans)
Page 1 of 1