GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mustang show this weekend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Mustang show this weekend Empty
PostSubject: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:44 am

My buddy with the green Saleen Mustang is all excited. There is a BIG Ford/Mustang/Shelby/Cobra show this Sat in the parking lot of a huge church across the street from The Arboretum Mall in North Austin. This is typically the largest Mustang show in the region....amazing that that many Fords can manage to start-up and run on the same day...hehe.

ANYWAY it's supposed to be 107 degrees, so I doubt I'll go myself but the word is a lot of the folks are planning to show up at the local Cedar Park cruise-in that evening, and I may clean up the wagon and go to that, so expect pics to be posted Sunday.

-Mike

Details:

31th Annual Mustang Owners Club Round Up
Austin, Texas
Start Date: Saturday, August 06, 2011
End Date: Saturday, August 06, 2011

On August 6, 2011, the Mustang Owners Club of Austin will host its 31st Annual Round Up of Mustangs, Fords, collector cars from other Ford Motor Company divisions, and Ford-powered vehicles. The Round Up will be held at the Great Hills Baptist Church parking lot, 10500 Jollyville Road, Austin, TX 78759. Registration is from 8:30AM to 10:30AM, with trophy awards at 2:30PM. Entry fees are $25 per car prior to July 30, $30 per car after July 30. Registration forms are at the link below. For more information please email: carshowinfo@mocatx.com
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Ok I KNOW how most of us feel about the F-word....myself included, but in this day of Hondas and Toyotas and all the other generic crap that's considered "normal" now, I'll take about any AMERICAN car show I can get.

That said, and despite the 107-degree broiling sunshine, here's some pics gang!

Mustang show this weekend 044-1
Mustang show this weekend 052-1
Mustang show this weekend 049-1
Mustang show this weekend 048
Mustang show this weekend 047-1
Mustang show this weekend 046-1
Mustang show this weekend 045-1
Mustang show this weekend 040-1
Mustang show this weekend 038-1
Mustang show this weekend 037-1
Mustang show this weekend 035-1
Mustang show this weekend 034-1
Mustang show this weekend 032-1
Mustang show this weekend 030-1
Mustang show this weekend 029-1
Mustang show this weekend 028-1
Mustang show this weekend 027-1
Mustang show this weekend 026-1
Mustang show this weekend 025-2
Mustang show this weekend 024
Mustang show this weekend 023
Mustang show this weekend 018
Mustang show this weekend 016
Mustang show this weekend 039-2
Mustang show this weekend 041-1
Mustang show this weekend 031-1

These cars all belong to members of my local car club here in Austin

Mustang show this weekend 022
Mustang show this weekend 021
....should have won.....BIG TIME.... >Sad
Mustang show this weekend 020
Mustang show this weekend 019
....should have cleaned up... >Sad
Mustang show this weekend 017
Mustang show this weekend 050-1
Mustang show this weekend 036-1
Mustang show this weekend 054-1
Mustang show this weekend 055-1[/quote]

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:05 am

Oh and for those that don't know, the 70's Gullwing Bricklin "safety cars", AKA the "Corvette swallowing an 8-track", were powered by either AMC or Ford V8 engines.

Guess which one the green car had in it......

Oh and as for the Triumph Spitfire....nothing to do with Fords, but it's a fellow members car.

Such fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:08 am

Oh, and kinda cool, and needed, the guy with the green Sunbeam Tiger added a/c since my last pics of it. Kind of amazing he got it to fit!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:09 am

Holy crap AC on a Tiger,now thats a first.The lime green Bricklin is kinda neat.Great pictures
as always Mike,so thanks and take care
Jim G
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:42 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Holy crap AC on a Tiger,now thats a first.The lime green Bricklin is kinda neat.Great pictures
as always Mike,so thanks and take care
Jim G

Yep...he drives that Tiger a lot...and as hot as it's been this summer, had to get a kit for it. I love that little thing. As much as I hate Fords, I'd drive that in a heartbeat. You should here the thing, it sounds so cool, it really has a good burble.

Oh and a bunch of the guys there were ragging on me about showing up, since my name on the local forum is GM4ever. Ha! I told them I was slumming. Laughing

I wish I had some more pics of that Bricklin. They are such weird cars. Did you know the bodies were molded in color, like a toy model kit car or a boat? It's a mixture if fiberglass and acrylic. The color is IN the body, with the idea that scratches and scrapes would not show up. The gullwing doors are power operated, using air struts. Press the button the side of the car or on the center console and the door opens or closes by itself. The doors have full-size roll-down windows, unlike most gullwing cars that just have slit windows that open, like a DeLorean. They doors weigh 90 pounds each. Also, the front an rear bumpers are HEAVY and made of solid eurathane, and were mounted on Delco shock absorbers. The cars did not come with cigarette lighters or ash trays because Malcolm Bricklin hated smoking and thought it wasn't safe to smoke and drive. The radio has rolling numbers on it, like an old clock radio. Weird Weird Weird cars!

Malcolm Bricklin was the person who first exported Subaru's to the US, and he's also the one that brought us the Yugo. Ha!

See, you can learn new things even at Ford shows. Laughing

-Mike

Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:42 am

Thanks Mike,I was hoping to see some pictures.

Since Ford has reintroduced the 302,I have scrapped the boss look for mine.

My plan now is to do it as a Mach 7 (as it is a 2007) but the 7 will resemble a 1 until you look close.

Like this,including these wheels and Functional shaker.

Lorne

Mustang show this weekend 207mustang7
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:30 pm

That's sharp Lorne! Those wheels are wild, look like giant Magnum 500's, and I love these with functional Shakers on them.

Good luck with the project!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:59 pm

81X11 wrote:
That's sharp Lorne! Those wheels are wild, look like giant Magnum 500's, and I love these with functional Shakers on them.

Good luck with the project!

-Mike

Scroll down this page (almost to the bottom)Mike to the yellow one with the latest Chin spoiler

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1208#1186

Also notice they now make an extended vintage hood with the headlights that match,Thats what I am getting.

On the back I will be adding the ducktail extension,and the retro spoiler to go with it.

Side window scoops,as well as the ones in front of the back wheels,some rear window louvers,wheels and stripes,hood pins and I think I will get the look I want.

Hurst short throw shifter is ordered as well as Borla 4" axle back.

Lovin the car.

Lorne.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 3:22 pm

I like that rare burgundy 68 mustang California notch back, and the sunbeam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mustang show this weekend   Mustang show this weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mustang show this weekend
Page 1 of 1