GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Door seals and weatherstripping

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
phantom 309

phantom 309

Door seals and weatherstripping Empty
PostSubject: Door seals and weatherstripping   Door seals and weatherstripping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:23 pm

The front door seals on our cars are a two piece sort of deal,.
has anyone changed them out? mine on the black car are getting tatty,.and i,m getting wind noise more than i,d like,.i was looking on fleabay,. but the prices and descriptions are all over the map,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Door seals and weatherstripping   Door seals and weatherstripping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:10 pm

There is the one around the door itself, and the second one along the top of both doors, and down to the windshield. There is also a bottom seal on the door, that is held on by screws under the trim.

I have R&Rd the driver side upper one, and changed the front driver's side door surround...all of them are basically the same. I have an excellent driver's side front seal for sale ($35 shipped), and could probably get the others. I can give you a break on shipping for more than one.

When mounting the seals, the top one goes behind the tubular part of the door surround seal. If you allow it to be on top, it will cause the door seal to leak
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Door seals and weatherstripping   Door seals and weatherstripping Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:32 pm

looks like the hard plastic one that runs down beside the windsheild is "folded" in,. thats causing the wind noise,.

nick
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Door seals and weatherstripping   Door seals and weatherstripping Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:25 am

Are you referring to the windshield reveal molding, or the one that slips over the flange that is spot welded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Door seals and weatherstripping   Door seals and weatherstripping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Door seals and weatherstripping
Page 1 of 1