GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!

Go down 
+5
brokecello
DBeaSSt
lakeffect
81X11
sclodfelter
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sclodfelter

Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Empty
PostSubject: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:49 pm

hey guys, been looking at the forum for awhile, but just now joining. A little about me I'm a 29 year old agriculture and IM teacher at the local high school here in southern IL. Wagon history, is pretty short. A 88 country squire, that was brought to its demise at a local fair. I now have a 91 OCC that I have no intentions of doing this too. I love how this car drives, although still a little starved on power, its a nice cruiser, its currently getting a new GM performance crate engine though it shows a 111,000 on the clock but its severely sun burned and will be getting a new paint job in the near future. I have some other cars too a 70 chevelle, and a 240 volvo, and my diesel truck. I plan on building the wagon with my son over the next couple years and hope it can be a bonding experience!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:04 am

Welcome to the group and thats quite a collection of cars you have.Good luck on the bonding
plans.Hope your son realizes how how lucky he is to have a father like you.If your OCC should
end up going the way of your country squire,be prepared for the onslaught of insults.LOL
Welcome Again
Jim G
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:10 am

Welcome to the group, glad you found us. Also good to hear of another Dad getting his kinds into cars. We need that and I try to do it with both my sons.

Post some pics when you can. Glad to see all these Olds popping up lately!

Welcome!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:59 am

sclodfelter wrote:
I plan on building the wagon with my son over the next couple years and hope it can be a bonding experience!!

More likely, it will become a Bondo experience for both of you.

Welcome to the Forum. If you happened seen it yet there is an event coming up in Michigan that you might want to take part in.

Dave Buchholz
Rochester NY
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:45 am

Welcome aboard! Love to see some pics of your Cruiser, sunburned or not. Wink

I too work in a high school. My AG teachers (and their welding classes) made me some cool couches from back seats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 am

Welcome! Another Olds owner too Smile Post up some pics when you can (we all love pics)

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 4:48 pm

As the others have stated, Welcome and glad you brought another OCC to the party. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
sclodfelter

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:07 pm

trust me this wagon won't meet the same end, my wife wanted me to sell it for that. I can't bring myself to it. Its rough cosmetically very rough, but straight as an arrow, I can't find a ding anywhere, and rust free. So I figure this would be a good family rig to go with the 70!! As for the other wagon I know it was a wagon,but still a ford product.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:23 pm

what's the last 5 digits of the VIN? Just curious as I'm holding the earliest known 91 #139. Would love someone to come up with #1,

You can also go google compnine and put the VIN in and get the build sheet. Smile

Back to top Go down
sclodfelter

PostSubject: Pics   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:45 pm

type in olds wagon burnout in youtube and you'll see a video of it

I know this is hard on them wouldn't have done it if I didn't have the crate engine, the old 305 is coming , vortech headed 350 is going in
Back to top Go down
sclodfelter

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:53 pm

awesome did not know that and its 00036
Back to top Go down
sclodfelter

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:04 pm

sorry 3536 major difference
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:15 am

Welcome to the wagon house.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Welcome to the addiction!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!   Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from the land of lincoln, NO NOT CHICAGO!!!
Page 1 of 1