GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

To use the Buick Grille or Not?

Go down 
+6
200OZ
Fred Kiehl
DBeaSSt
buickestate
1993 Roady-man
brokecello
10 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Empty
PostSubject: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:28 pm

Well, I put on my OCC front bumper this past weekend. I do have a proper bumper support, but for kicks I left the Buick one on. Seems the grille will work (some adjustments needed so its not so tight...I think there are some to be made and it would still look ok?)

Wanting to smooth the ornament and antenna hole...repaint the hood and tops of front fenders (oh and bumper and grille) Other option is to paint the SS grille I have (take out the center and do the mesh thing...with a Buick emblem in the center)

Thoughts?

To use the Buick Grille or Not?  IMG_0485
To use the Buick Grille or Not?  IMG_0483
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:02 pm

That's a tough one. The fact that we don't have any options for the Buick nose is what makes putting a SS grille in more likeable,... but it seems like everyone does that and it's all worn out. So painting it might be a good idea. not like that hasn't been done before either. I do like the olds bumper on it though.

Pondering pondering pondering
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:13 pm

go with a caprice grill!

remember this one?

To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Occapriceroady
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Holy hell that last one is a mutt... Caprice grille, Roadmaster wagon, with OCC cladding?

Kinda awesome. Get a 91-92 grille without the CHEVROLET embossed into it and it wouldn't be so odd. Color match it to make it even better.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:29 am

Vertical bars in the "ss" grille perhaps?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:42 am

I have a smooth caprice grille for $35 shipped if you need one to work with.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:16 am

Go with an Olds grill. Chevy if you must, the Buick grills don't look good on OCC or Caprice bumper covers IMO.

Mike

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:23 am

I agree, go with the Olds. They are my favorite grills on these cars. Put a Buick emblem over the Olds rocket....done!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:00 am

I also have a couple of OCC grilles (one without an emblem, one with small crack and cracked emblem) for $65 and $60 shipped respectively.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:10 am

buickestate wrote:
go with a caprice grill!

remember this one?

To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Occapriceroady

Man that IS a mutt! I've never seen that one before

Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:30 am

That was a neat car. Cruiser I think, with Roady interior and Caprice bits. If memory serves correctly anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:32 pm

it was a roady with OCC cladding to cover up unfinished rust repair, and a caprice grille. oddly it was titled as a caprice. Kevin (the owner's) buddy was a Missouri licensed rebuilder, and they used a caprice VIN because that's what he had a title for. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:54 pm

I remember that one. I like it, needs fleetwood rims though, lol
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Well, I have a Caprice and SS grille I can play with. I never thought about using an Olds Grille. Humm. I think I know where I can snag a busted one..hehe

I will keep you posted! Thanks for the offers on the grilles Fred, I am good right now Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Mike has a nice Olds grille laying around. Someone picked it for him some time back!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To use the Buick Grille or Not?    To use the Buick Grille or Not?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To use the Buick Grille or Not?
Page 1 of 1