GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lockup TC electrical path?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AzDon

AzDon

Lockup TC electrical path? Empty
PostSubject: Lockup TC electrical path?   Lockup TC electrical path? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 15:13

Does anybody have a wiring diagram showing the electrical path to the lockup torque convertor?
I know for certain that the electrical path travels thru a plunger switch that "opens" (disconnects) when the brake pedal is pushed and specifically has a purple wire and a pink wire into the plug.
The pink wire is supplied with battery votage, but I'm uncertain if the purple wire proceeds directly to the trans or if it has another downstream control (like a vacuum operated cutout switch)
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Al H.

PostSubject: Re: Lockup TC electrical path?   Lockup TC electrical path? Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec 2011 - 17:20

The '92 factory service manual shows the purple wire going straight to the TCC solenoid from the brake pedal switch.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Lockup TC electrical path?   Lockup TC electrical path? Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec 2011 - 15:48

Thanks Al-
Researching this a bit further, I've found that the circuit on our wagons does not "ground" and terminate inside the trans case, but actually loops back out as two negative wires from the lockup solenoid, one of which has a 4th gear pressure switch in the pathway back out from the solenoid. Grounding this wire gives you 4th gear lockup and grounding the other wire gives you immediate lockup in any gear.
I believe both of these wires go to the computer and are (obviously) operated by the computer on negative channels.
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lockup TC electrical path?   Lockup TC electrical path? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lockup TC electrical path?
Page 1 of 1