GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers

Go down 
+2
phantom 309
BigBlackBeaSSt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Empty
PostSubject: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers DSC03013

Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers DSC03014

Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers DSC03015

Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers DSC03016

These are made my Street & Performance. If you look in there LT4 section in their online catalog. http://hotrodlane.cc/
They sell for $300 new. They are polished aluminum. Not perfect but in good shape. Could use some polish.

$200 plus shipping.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:22 pm

why are you selling them?

Nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 8:26 pm

Raising funds for a T56 project. Or shall I say recouping funds since I already paid for everything!!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:01 pm

...for the hot rod? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:08 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
...for the hot rod? Wink

The NOT Rod, Bill. Tisk tisk. :p
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Will take trades..... LMK what you might have!!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 9:09 am

So these will fit (clear alternator) like stock? Also fit the 1.6 rrockers to?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 9:12 am

I have not had them on, but they seem to be the same, dimensional'y (is this even a word) as the LT4 covers I am running. I will try to measure them against an extra set I have in the garage and take a couple of pictures for you.

Tim
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:18 pm

They a bit larger than the LT4 covers. I will try to measure my clearance on my car some time tomorrow, when I change the oil. They will surely clear just about any roller rockers.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:23 pm

brokecello wrote:
So these will fit (clear alternator) like stock? Also fit the 1.6 rrockers to?

Chris,

I finally got around to measuring these. They are not going to be a direct fit onto a B-Body with the larger alternator without a little creativity. If you had the smaller alternator it might work. It seems to be about 1 cm to long where the alternator would hit it. I have seen guys put a "dog bone" between the alternator bolt point on top and the alterntor raising the alternator. This might work, but it would be a custom fabrication job. Others have spaced the bracket and balancer a bit to allow for the larger covers. this would work as well and is likely the simplest answer. They are cavernous inside so roller rockers would be no issue.

I will look into getting them notched to fit.

Tim
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:43 pm

tim would they work if the alternator was "clocked" a little differently? know what i mean?

Nick
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:22 pm

I remember seeing a thread before Nick and that is exactly what they did. Others have gotten creative with a Dremel to notch the Alt case.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:00 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
tim would they work if the alternator was "clocked" a little differently? know what i mean?

Nick

I think you mean pivoting the alternator a bit. I think it might but it would require you to remove the alternator and put the cover on to see if it would make it. I am not going to have time to try for a while.

94Woody wrote:
I remember seeing a thread before Nick and that is exactly what they did. Others have gotten creative with a Dremel to notch the Alt case.

You would have to dremel a LOT of material to do it that way. Not sure you could make that work.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:42 am

when you clock the alt you remove the bolts thru the case and rotate the rear of the case 90-180deg etc,.then put the bolts back in,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:24 am

phantom 309 wrote:
when you clock the alt you remove the bolts thru the case and rotate the rear of the case 90-180deg etc,.then put the bolts back in,.

Nick

I will take a look at that nick, great idea.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:07 am

Would love to get rid of these!!!! Open to interesting trades.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:15 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Would love to get rid of these!!!! Open to interesting trades.
Chris knows how to make them fit on his car now,. with his soon to be purchased 10" grinder,.

nick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:44 am

LOL..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:36 am

Maybe you'd like to trade for my "Pep-Boy" special Hawk brake pads...LMAO!!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:00 am

The term: "Not Rod" should be reserved for Bewber's work-in-progress, six cylinder powered bush hog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers   Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valve covers for sale - LT4 style cast aluminum covers
Page 1 of 1