GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Factory sub alert: 12" slim sub in '99 Caddy SLS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sherlock9c1

Factory sub alert:  12" slim sub in '99 Caddy SLS Empty
PostSubject: Factory sub alert: 12" slim sub in '99 Caddy SLS   Factory sub alert:  12" slim sub in '99 Caddy SLS Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:15 am

Just a heads up for anyone who likes experimenting with "stock" GM parts...

I was in a junkyard today helping my buddy pull some rear struts for his Malibu, and they had just put a '99 Caddy SLS in the yard (bad motor, NOT cash for clunkers). Interior was in in beautiful shape, and it had a Bose audio system with a 12" subwoofer in the middle of the rear deck. It was a very slim sub; maybe 1.5" thick total, and I'm sure it's free-air, so anybody looking for a cheap subwoofer to experiment with that doesn't take up any room, you might consider this one. I know Bose is known for sneaky audio shortcuts and I won't get into them now, but I'm just sayin'. This might work well in a Caprice Sedan rear deck. I think the RM rear deck is too narrow for a 12" sub.

Any other factory subwoofers available?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Factory sub alert:  12" slim sub in '99 Caddy SLS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Factory sub alert: 12" slim sub in '99 Caddy SLS   Factory sub alert:  12" slim sub in '99 Caddy SLS Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 10:48 am

I know my Lincoln Town Car has the factory JBL Sub in the rear deck...and they had that feature up through the years (if it has the JBL Soundsystem) Mine still sounds pretty good after 178k of use.

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00245.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

Factory sub alert: 12" slim sub in '99 Caddy SLS
Page 1 of 1