GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention

Go down 
+5
1phastsswagon
Bewber
toomanytoyz
phantom 309
stevep
9 posters
AuthorMessage
stevep

2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Empty
PostSubject: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:04 pm

The ISWC will be holding their annual convention @ Jiminy Peak In Hancock Mass on June 19-23.

The actual show is Saturday June 23 from noon to 4:00 PM.

We have several things planned including a trip to a private car collection with 100 cars, a trip to the Saratoga Auto Museum, a tour of Hemmings Motor News and attend their Cruise-In that night.

More info to follow as it happens. Please visit our website (iswc.us) for more info on the ISWC. (Our webmaster has been quite ill, so please be patient with us if it has not been recently updated).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks for posting this Steve.Sounds like its going to be a blast.How many members do you have?
Jim
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Do you have ahost hotel discounts etc?
i checked on line and hotel rates are pretty expensive in my opinion.

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I think I should probably be able to make this. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:45 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
As long as there's going to be a Subaru section, I should probably be able to make this. Wink

Take pics!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey, I don't remember saying that... Must be the exhaust fumes... Wink
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:20 pm

phantom 309 wrote:

Nick

Yes, Jiminy Peak is normally quite expensive, but they are giving us a fantastic rate of $99.00 per night for a fully equipped timeshare style suite. So it not just a hotel room!
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Thanks for posting this Steve.Sounds like its going to be a blast.How many members do you have?
Jim

The ISWC has about 200 members as we are a very young club. When I hosted the ISWC Show in Sturbridge in 2008, we had almost 75 cars between cars on the field and spectator wagons.

We had 50+ cars on the field last year in Pittsburgh.

FYI, the ISWC only recognizes wagons based on cars. They do not recognize mini vans, SUV's or trucks. We do recognize Depot Hacks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:30 pm

That was going to be my next question,real wagons only!.Starting to sound like a lot of fun
and we are just getting started.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:48 am

stevep wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:

Nick

Yes, Jiminy Peak is normally quite expensive, but they are giving us a fantastic rate of $99.00 per night for a fully equipped timeshare style suite. So it not just a hotel room!

That's a cute plan for the crowd who drinks Perrier with their pinky out, but lots of people don't require a fully equipped timeshare style anything. Have you done anything for the men who just need shelter after tailgating till 4am?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:53 am

Bewber wrote:

That's a cute plan for the crowd who drinks Perrier with their pinky out, but lots of people don't require a fully equipped timeshare style anything. Have you done anything for the men who just need shelter after tailgating till 4am?

I thought those kinda folks brought flat black pickup trucks and camped outin tents, best buddy's together sort of thing,. What a Face

Nick
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:09 am

Haha, Exactly. How close is the nearest Brokeback State Park? queen
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 am

Yes, Jiminy Peak is normally quite expensive, but they are giving us a fantastic rate of $99.00 per night for a fully equipped timeshare style suite. So it not just a hotel room![/quote]

That's a cute plan for the crowd who drinks Perrier with their pinky out, but lots of people don't require a fully equipped timeshare style anything. Have you done anything for the men who just need shelter after tailgating till 4am?[/quote]

We are not a snooty bunch. It is very family oriented.

There are not a lot of options in that area and we since we are a young, small club, we try to move to an area that we have never been to before and rely only on members who can volunteer their time to put these events together. Would you like to offer any assistance, because we can use it!

We did not look for a facilty of this type, it was just what we got for a great price. We do have members who camp at a local facilities, but most attenders use the host hotel. When we were in Strubridge, we were at the Public House Motor Lodge, which is basically an old school roadside style rooms and we paid $84.00 per night.

Are you interested in attending? What kind of facility would you be happy with.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:43 pm

I'm just giving you a hard time and the odds of my attendance is miniscule regardless of what kinds of deals you've worked out.

I'm in MI, and broke, and am trying to start on a build that needs to be drivable by Woodward. I DO love seeing some sort of formal organization being developed for the wagon kook community though, so kudos to you and your crew for that.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:20 pm

WOW. We do live in a small world. I was just talking to my youngest son about how we used to go to Jiminy. I am freinds with the gentleman who actually built the Saratoga Museum, we went to school together. And my Mother actually used to work there.

Saratoga is pretty cool the Park next to the museum is a neat place with the springs they have. Those who go need to check those out, and you can also try the Vichy Water Spring (Must have a acquired taste for it) The Springs water bottling plant is located on the other side of RT 29 across from the museum. The Horse Flat Track is also nearby. A ride around the Saratoga Lake is pretty neat. Oh and for you Race Fans Albany Saratoga / Malta Speedway is about 15 minutes away as well

As for the trip to Hemmings, are you guys planning on heading towards vermont, and visit the Hemming Gas Station as well? There are some spectacular views going through the mountains up there (well there was before the flooding) haven't been up there in a few years
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:16 pm

How far is the Hemmings gas station from Hemmings?
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm

ok i think i can make this for sure, how do i get in on the special rates? do i need to be a member of ur club? off to ur site.

Last edited by 1993 Roady-man on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:54 pm

About 1300 miles too far for me Sad
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Ok I just printed my ISW Membership Application so is this a must for the better rate or can we swing it without it? what is going on the other days? So many days for only a 4 hours show?
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:50 am

1993 Roady-man wrote:
Ok I just printed my ISW Membership Application so is this a must for the better rate or can we swing it without it? what is going on the other days? So many days for only a 4 hours show?

This is what we have so far: We have several things planned including a trip to a private car collection with 100 cars, a trip to the Saratoga Auto Museum, a tour of Hemmings Motor News and attend their Cruise-In that night.

We usually also go go-carting on one of the nights and at some point, we have our annual meeting.

I will post the full itinerary as soon as it is finalized.

You must be an ISWC member and be registered for the event to get the Show rate.
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:52 am

Sprocket wrote:
About 1300 miles too far for me Sad

Where do you live? We were in Pittsburgh last year, Cherry Hill NJ prior and Sandusky OH before that.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:33 am

It sounds like a lot of fun. It seems much more formal, the club part anyway, then our bunch (the lanyards and badges in your pictures give that away). And by the pictures I would guess there is a few more $$ involved in most (not all) of your cars. One of the best parts about our club is we , restore, use, modify, abuse, cut the tops off, flame engine covers (hint hint) etc. to our cars to make them part of us not the other way around. To be honest, the wagons are just an excuse for us to hang. If I did not have wagon and showed up in an El Camino or S-10 pickup I would still feel right at home with these guys.

On a side note looking at the numbers our WF series has not done to bad. The fact that we are pretty much exclusive to GM B-bodies (91-96) I am pretty pleased that we had 60+ cars at the 2010 (or was it 2009) Wagon Fest. Kudo's to Fred!! If we get a good crew to attend one of these we might really add to their numbers.

To many things pulling at my vacation time so I would not likely attend. Is there a membership fee? Fees for the shows? Would our group get a discount on these fee's?

Much appreciation for keeping us in the loop on your upcoming events. If any/all of you attend shows like Hershey or Carlisle let me know I am somewhat local (right between) these two show platforms.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:29 am

Maybe I will just run up there for the day since it's only 4 hours from me. and enjoy the show with the rest of the wagon guys. Then head back later that evening.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:32 am

It is about 6 for me. Unless I have another excuse to travel that way, it would not work.
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Everyone has to pay a reg fee to be on the show field and be judged and you must be an ISWC member, but if you just want to park on the show field, the Club charges 10 bucks to "display only".

Right now we have no provision for a group discount as no one has very requested it. We barely break even at these events.

We are not a real formal bunch, don't let the name tags fool you! The name tags are just so everyone knows your name.

Some of our cars are restored, some are nice originals and some are not so nice. Our goal is just Station Wagons, regardless of their condition.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:22 pm

stevep wrote:
Our goal is just Station Wagons, regardless of their condition.

Pretty much the goal here too. Oh and to drink beer in parking lots late into the night.

To answer your earlier question, I'm centered in Delray Beach, FL about an hour north of Miami.
I made it to the Lake Seneca region of NY for our Wagonfest in 2010, but took 9 days out to do it, Lot's of driving!

Four hours is a milk run for me, I drive that far for good surf on a semi regular basis. Only problem is it's 5 hours to the state line from my house.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 am

I have a correction to make in our schedule. Hemmings has finalized their cruise-ins and it does NOT fall on the day that we will be there!!! It will be the week before and the week after!! So we will still tour Hemmings and after that, we will cruise around to the covered bridges in the area.

I tried!!!
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 pm

The clubs website is currently being updated and all convention documents are now available to view.

Go to iswc.us to get a look.
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:30 pm

The club's website has been updated and the show info is right there.
iswc.us
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Bewber wrote:

Bewber, Clarksburg State Forest is about a half hour from the show. MA state parks are great for camping. I'm actually looking at staying there myself since I haven't been camping in awhile. There are also a few private campgrounds up there. Never been to them thou.

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/western.htm

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/western/clsp.htm

Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 am

Cadet57 wrote:
Bewber wrote:

Bewber, Clarksburg State Forest is about a half hour from the show. MA state parks are great for camping. I'm actually looking at staying there myself since I haven't been camping in awhile. There are also a few private campgrounds up there. Never been to them thou.

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/western.htm

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/western/clsp.htm

Let's try www.iswc.us
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:34 am

stevep wrote:
The club's website has been updated and the show info is right there.
iswc.us

Quoted the wrong quote!!

The club's website is www.iswc.us.
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:44 am

Show is only 1 month away!
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:28 am

Show time is right around the corner! www.iswc.us
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:06 am

So if someone is in the area and they just showed up what would it cost again? $10 to just be part of it,... Am I right?
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:16 pm

That is what they did last year, so YES!
Back to top Go down
stevep

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention   2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 International Station Wagon Club Convention
Page 1 of 1