GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dave's Rustmaster rides again!

Go down 
+2
Bewber
Lynol
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Empty
PostSubject: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:48 am

Since Dave (95BRMW) picked up a new and much improved RM wagon about 2 weeks after getting this rusty disaster on eBay cheap from some oblivious liar guy, he "gave" it to me rather than pay to store it until getting parted out in the spring. Worked out for me since I sold my Red Caprice last week. Only thing I have to do is keep the engine maintained, and help pull parts come spring. Small price to pay for a very nice driving wagon. It's a shame it's so badly rusted. It looked a lot better before we pulled the beltline trim off it and swapped it onto Dave's new '94 RMW which had Gorilla Glue ALL OVER the stainless trim, even in places the rubber strips would not have been. So I think the guy down the street from me might have a contender for worse looking RMW on the block. I should really get a pic of that guys, it's so much sadder looking than this car. Anyway, I plan on putting some snow tires on some steels, fill the gaping quarter hole with something so I don't hear or breath so much exhaust, and hope the car doesn't split in half. So the old YSY plates go on 4th wagon, and this sad, sad RMW gets a stay of execution.
Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Rustma10
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:08 pm

It must be worse than it looks.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 pm

I call dibs on the rear end
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Bewber wrote:
It must be worse than it looks.
Yes, sadly. When it had all it's trim it looked pretty good. But if you look underneath you mostly saw carpet. Also holes in frame affraid
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
But you have a posi 3.23, no?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Lynol wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Yes, with a bad bearing. Was going to use this as a core to build a new 3:23 or 3:73 end. I thought this was a posi too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:30 pm

Asked the seller for some pics of the underside,he said his camera was broken.Knew then it was
much worse than he said in the ad.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Lynol wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Yes, with a bad bearing. Was going to use this as a core to build a new 3:23 or 3:73 end. I thought this was a posi too?
Ah... yeah this wagon's got a posi too. Being an LT1 car though it's got the 2.93.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Lynol wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Lynol wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Ah... yeah this wagon's got a posi too. Being an LT1 car though it's got the 2.93.

Same size carrier thou, correct?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:05 pm

yes, series III carrier
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:19 pm

That's too bad. Salt SUCKS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Except on french fries!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Except on french fries!
Jim

And margaritas!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:09 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

I have a posi acle out of a 95 in my yard if you really need one. It was going to go in the 1A2, but now I am over stocked on these axles Shocked

I think it needs the glue covered trim, it just looks bad nothing on it! I sure have learned my lesson with rust buckets after this one. If your car has so much rust that the arm for the auto level sensor ROTS away, you have some serious problems!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave's Rustmaster rides again!   Dave's Rustmaster rides again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave's Rustmaster rides again!
Page 1 of 1