GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my 2 projects

Go down 
+11
200OZ
Cadet57
BigBlackBeaSSt
MarcinV8
TylerW
jimbeau
95BRMW
Lynol
jayoldschool
toomanytoyz
mtrhead79
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

my 2 projects - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:22 pm

John ,is that rear axle off center like the full size car is?Sure looks like it to me!Maybe the model
offers exstended LCAs to help center the axle! lol!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:28 pm

thought i would update my progress on relocating the computer here are some pics
my 2 projects - Page 2 14jag5s

my 2 projects - Page 2 Mikoxk

my 2 projects - Page 2 2pzwuih

my 2 projects - Page 2 6fqiv8
wires in the inter.
i am hoping to get a full day tomorrow and see if it will start then start doing more inter. work have to lay it all out under console then put int. back in
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:02 am

I can't wait to see it when you have the whole compartment cleaned up. LMK how much mesh you need.
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:24 am

mtrhead79 wrote:
thought i would update my progress on relocating the computer here are some pics
my 2 projects - Page 2 14jag5s

my 2 projects - Page 2 Mikoxk

my 2 projects - Page 2 2pzwuih

my 2 projects - Page 2 6fqiv8
wires in the inter.
i am hoping to get a full day tomorrow and see if it will start then start doing more inter. work have to lay it all out under console then put int. back in

*low whistle*.... MAN that's clean!.... TOTALLY jealous.
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:35 pm

i worked on it today for 4 hrs. its up and running. i could not believe it fired right up no problems and everything works. took it for a ride around the block with no seats. felt like a real low rider. still need to wire loom it and lay the inter. wires up under the dash and put seats and console back. did have a little miss hap, my dad had leaf blower out and blew the locks that hold the computer connectors on the computer off of the intake where i had them sitting they did not fall under the car but i cant find them. i will be cursing tomorrow while i look for them
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:56 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
i worked on it today for 4 hrs. its up and running. i could not believe it fired right up no problems and everything works. took it for a ride around the block with no seats. felt like a real low rider. still need to wire loom it and lay the inter. wires up under the dash and put seats and console back. did have a little miss hap, my dad had leaf blower out and blew the locks that hold the computer connectors on the computer off of the intake where i had them sitting they did not fall under the car but i cant find them. i will be cursing tomorrow while i look for them

I throw 'em away,. haven't had a pcm come undone yet,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:45 pm

if i cant find them i will let it go till next trip to jy. just hate having it laying on mtr or frame and not knowing where
Back to top Go down
rkmdogs

rkmdogs

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:52 pm

I bought one of those wagon kits too, but I plan to modify mine,
to look like my Impala SS wagon ----- phantom version, that I have!

That is ------ when I get around toit!
Shucks! I have one of those too, but I still don't have the time,
or motivation right now.
Yeah, my kit cost me $47.00 --- so I don't want to screw it up with
my mods.....
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:51 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
..................took it for a ride around the block with no seats. felt like a real low rider.

PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!! Laughing

mtrhead79 wrote:
................. did have a little miss hap, my dad had leaf blower out and blew the locks that hold the computer connectors on the computer off of the intake where i had them sitting they did not fall under the car but i cant find them. i will be cursing tomorrow while i look for them

I have a drawer full of them. LMK when you need them. Will you sleep for a few nights without them on the car or should I overnight them to you? Shocked
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:46 pm

its funny you would think the model kit would be done 1st. tim i can wait for the clips thanks i still would love to find them so they dont cause problems later by falling into something. maybe tomorrow i can get my dad to picks of me riding low Laughing
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:01 pm

did some more work today tied the wiring up under the dash. had to put shifter cable under the carpet then cut 2 holes in carpet so i could run a strap under it to hold computer down. also had to relocate my sat. radio receiver to pass side kick panel. i had preveously put a light in my console compartment and had it hooked to a switch so it would light when you open the lid. i had it tied to the lights but found out even during the day it would be useful so i wired it to power all the time not just when the lights are on. the console is bolted back down still needs the trim put back. will work on it come monday here are some more pics.
my 2 projects - Page 2 Wk0cv7

my 2 projects - Page 2 8zfddh

my 2 projects - Page 2 Dlrjlv

my 2 projects - Page 2 15rjrs5

my 2 projects - Page 2 2957lmw

Last edited by mtrhead79 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:04 pm

any worries about the pcm overheating??

nick
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:07 pm

i dont thnk it will be a issue.i would think it is hotter under the hood than inter. most other cars the computers are in the inter. all said time will tell
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Where the PCM is located under the hood, it's cooler than you might think, because there is air moving over it (some of it cool). Keep a 'finger' on it for overheating.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:44 pm

just about done with the computer wiring here are a couple pics
my 2 projects - Page 2 Fvbkt5

trying to show where the wires go threw the firwall
my 2 projects - Page 2 W6z7z7
also is there a hose from another car that will fit along the intake to the power booster? i was thinking about using rubber at connections then bending 1/2 fuel line inbetween
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:55 pm

i am also looking for a 90 degree vacume connecter, to bolt in the intake that runs to the opti. so the hose will lay nicer on the intake. i also put a throttle body cover that looks better than the orig.
my 2 projects - Page 2 2jg6t52

i want to replace the boot the raiss set up came with it is a plumbing connector . i want to go with sillicone does any one know what size i need? i have a 3.5 camaro mass air. so i guess i need a 3.5 x ? dont know what size the throttle body side would be and forgot to messure it before i left the shop.

oh look new empty spot (no computer)
my 2 projects - Page 2 5ygni8

next i am going to loose the abs pump. should have thought that before i went and installed the new abs sensors on the front spindles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my 2 projects   my 2 projects - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my 2 projects
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2