GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

moved and can't find my repair manual

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkH

MarkH

moved and can't find my repair manual Empty
PostSubject: moved and can't find my repair manual   moved and can't find my repair manual Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:29 pm

...yeah, we moved about two months ago and I haven't been able to find my repair manual. I'm sure it's in one of the many boxes labeled GARAGE... but we need to go through the MISC labeled boxes first... sooo... ANYWAY.... my question is this: The heat doesn't work in my car and I followed the instructions in my Service manual to check the diagnostics on my CC. It said I needed to unhook and remove the Blend Door Actuator and manually open the blend door (about a 65 degree turn). I was just wondering where the actuator is located to do this? I'm sure it says in the repair manual, but like I said... can't seem to locate it right now. To give you some background, no, the heat hasn't worked at all, yes, both the inlet and outlet of the heater core are hot. When I did the diagnostic test the readings were 01 & 00.

thanks in advance!

Mark
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: moved and can't find my repair manual   moved and can't find my repair manual Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:44 am

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: moved and can't find my repair manual   moved and can't find my repair manual Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm sure it'll be easier with the front seats out of the car. at 6 nuts a piece, they come out fast.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm guessing it's up under the dash by the heater core. THe 9C1 I parted didn't have auto climate control, but that'd be my guess.
Back to top Go down
zamboni920

PostSubject: Re: moved and can't find my repair manual   moved and can't find my repair manual Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:29 am

Just replacing mine....remove glove box (5 screws underneat to release hinge). You will see the actuator to the left of AC module, it is about the size of a pack of cigs. Easiest way to get access is to also remove ashtray and junkdrawer in center of dash. On mine (95 RMW) the glovebox screws is 7mm and the actuator itself(3 screws) seems to fit a 7/32 socket in lieu of metric.
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: moved and can't find my repair manual   moved and can't find my repair manual Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks Samboni!.... do I still have to remove the front of the dash too or just what you mentioned?

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moved and can't find my repair manual   moved and can't find my repair manual Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

moved and can't find my repair manual
Page 1 of 1