GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hello from western nc!

Go down 
+4
s1l1sc
DBeaSSt
roadmastercouple
straitjacket68
8 posters
AuthorMessage
straitjacket68

hello from western nc! Empty
PostSubject: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 am

hi guys my name is billy and i i just bought a wicked 91 caprice wagon last week. ii wish i could post a picture for you guys to see it but i cant figure it out . if someone could help me i would appreciate it. i bought it as it sits with rallye wheels with corvette center caps and a wild flame job going down the sides..i get the thumbs up everywhere i drive it. i like i9t sooo much that i have pushed my projrect corvette to the side and am now getting the wagon ready for the spring rod run in puigeon forge tn in april. . if i can figure out how to post a pic sopon i will.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:34 am

welcome billy there is a post on how to put pictures on here i think it under Comments Suggestions Announcements section
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 am

Welcome aboard! Good to see some more Mid-Atlantic folks!

Here are instructions for pic posting. Smile
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t55-read-this-first-how-to-post-pics-now-with-pics
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 am

Welcome to the gang Billy!Hope you keep the strait jacket handy cause we have need for it
occasionally!
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:37 am

need more than a strait jacket. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:10 pm

How about a CHROME straitjacket?
Back to top Go down
straitjacket68

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:42 pm

hey guys thank you for the hearty welcome aboard. i have been cruising this site for the past week just trying to figure out how to even log in lol. i have tried repeatedly to figure out how to post a picture but im just a computer idiot! i really want some feed back from you guys. i only paid 1500.00 for it and i feel; like i stole it at that price. its not a powerhouse but it will still make a great tow vehicle for the boat. as you may already know i have the anemic 305 tbi. is it just mine or are these wagons that hard on gas? i cant hardly pass a gas station. if you fellas want to see my ride and give me some pointers in the right direction, the car is still posted for on craigslist in asheville nc under 1991 caprice wagon. if you go to the trouble to see it , give me an honest opinion on the graphics going down the sides,. im kind of on the fence about them. i have already ordered a set of corvette rally centercaps with the 3 bar spinner to go on my chevy truck wheels. the fellow i got it from put the corvette rallye centercaps on it. i dont know what he did to the truck wheel so it would fit but iyt really looks good.. if abnyone has some burgundy armrests(door pull handle) i would definitely be a player for those as that is the only thing my car needs. i feel like a teenager with his first car. ive had hot rods all my life and iam tickled pink i finally can put my family of 5 in.. thanks again for the welcome guys. i look forward to getting to know youi all.
straitjacket billy
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 pm

a steal at 1,500 assuming no major issues. I paid $1,000 for mine and that was too much.
love the flames.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:57 pm

welcome aboard, nice looking car. Seems like I've seen pics of it before somewhere.
the truck rims are the same bolt pattern and bolt on. Your gas mileage should be around 15-17 mixed, low to mid 20s on the hwy. If it's alot worse than that, a tune up is in order.

I'm on my fourth TBI with a 305 as a daily driver and all 4 have gotten mileage in the above parameters.

The graphics are okay. If it were me I would leave them on for now, it sets it a little apart and are not over the top, but then everyone has an opinion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Straitjacket,I too own the 305 like Sprockets and get about the same mileage.Sounds like a good
tune-up is in order and maybe try not to drive it like a madman. alien Looks good to me and I think you
stole it.If theres no rust underneath,its a keeper for sure.
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Welcome aboard! How many miles are on it? I paid 1500 for mine with 182k (although, its fully loaded w/350). I'm not a huge fan of the graphics, a bit too tribal for my taste, but I do agree that it is better than the all white. The wheels look sweet btw!

~Jeff
Back to top Go down
straitjacket68

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:54 pm

hey guys thanks for all the comments. i actually bought it to re sell but i have fallen in love with it. i weigh 250 and ive got a stepson thats 6'3 and every bit of 300 and it fits us great. he loves that third seat!. this is my first family hotrod and im sold on it. we cant wait to take it to the beach this summer. you have got to love that room. i havent even raised the hood on my corvette since i got the wagon! i have seen some really sweet rides since ive been on this site and hope with a few subtle changes i can get my car into that category too. and btw this is the friendliest forum ive been on. nice group and im glad i ran across the site
thanks again
straitjacket billy
Back to top Go down
straitjacket68

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:59 pm

182000 on mine too. but shes super clean. i just need a couple of armrests. and thats all she needs.. so far shes been dependable. im thinking of building a 383 for another project and someday may drop a mild L 81 350 that i have with low miles. does anyone know if i can use the tbi intake on a pre 85 motor?
thank you
straitjacket billy
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:03 pm

I've managed to keep mine running for 4 years and have only put around 12k on it in that time. She still runs great. I know plenty of people on this forum who have wagons with over 200k that look and run better than mine. Bottom line, if you take care of her, she'll take care of you.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:43 pm

id wear a chrome strait jacket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Thought your wife was the chrome addict,not you Mike!Billy,dont know the answer butt that would
be a neat swap.I had a gutlass L82 in my 74 Vette but it was OK considering all the other cars!
Dont know if a TBI intake would be able to read your L81 properly but I want to know.Probably
will need to drill and tap some holes.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:14 am

welcome aboard, if you want email your pictures over to me and I will post them for you. Jarrodjrod@aol.com
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:37 am

Welcome to the forum and hope you stay a while!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:11 am

Well here is his ride.

hello from western nc! 0220121431

hello from western nc! 02191214471
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from western nc!   hello from western nc! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello from western nc!
Page 1 of 1