GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weekend Thrash!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkH

MarkH

Weekend Thrash! Empty
PostSubject: Weekend Thrash!   Weekend Thrash! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:25 pm

I've got my parts ordered and they should be arriving tomorrow or Friday and I have the house to myself Saturday so it's gonna be a weekend thrash on the wagon. My plans are:

Install New Heater Core (might as well since I've got the dash apart and it's a common problem)
Install New Blend Door Actuator ('cause it's broke)
Install New Pioneer CD Player ('cause really... why not?)
Patch Muffler Whole (Waiting for warmer weather to replace mufflers)
Replace Valve Cover Gaskets (pass side leaking)

I think I'm going to remove the dash board cover pieces before the weekend to save me some time come Saturday morning... I'll be glad to have heat in the car. It's gonna be a high of 38 on Saturday and even nicer on Sunday. I've been really lucky with the weather this year and not having any heat in the car! Hasn't dipped below 20 degrees in WEEKS.... really uncommon for the Chicago area.
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
Sprocket

Sprocket

Weekend Thrash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Thrash!   Weekend Thrash! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:47 pm

i bought a 95 jeep cherokee and had my buddy weld up a small hole in rthe muffler. 140K later when I sold it the patch was holding!!

good luck on the thrash
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Weekend Thrash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Thrash!   Weekend Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:30 am

Sounds like a plan. Hope you have heat soon. 20's sounds cold to me!

Glad to see another Longroof getting some love!
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

Weekend Thrash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Thrash!   Weekend Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:37 pm

well... like I said in a different post... a few years ago, we had temps where it was warmer at the south pole than it was here... so yea... we've been pretty lucky. Last year we had what everyone called SNOWMAGEDEN... Lake Shore Drive was impassable and people were in the cars for days and finally just abandoned their cars. It was BAAAAD!!

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/108676/20110203/chicago-snow-storm.htm#page6

So in comparison... yeah... 20's at night and 40's during the day isn't too bad
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

Weekend Thrash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Thrash!   Weekend Thrash! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:02 pm

Well... my weekend thrash didn't go as well as I planned. First my parts never came in. Second and more importantly, the entire family was sick. So it was, "Daddy, I don't feel good, I need juice. Do we have any popsicles? Can you go to the store for Advil Cold & Sinus...?" So that was my weekend...

I did however get about 2 hours to myself so I took out the old radio and hooked up the new one... which didn't go as I had planned either. The wiring diagram in my repair manual doesn't specify which colored wire was positive and which was negative... BLUE/LITE BLUE... TAN/BROWN... So I'll post in the electrical section about my complaints with THAT one.... I hooked it up and I got zero audio. The receiver turns on, however, my antenna doesn't raise and I don't get any audio at all.

Oh well...
Back to top Go down
straitjacket68

Weekend Thrash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Thrash!   Weekend Thrash! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:38 am

about your stereo project, you do know they make a conversion radio wiring harness for the caprice , right? just plug and play.
straitjacket billy
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Weekend Thrash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Thrash!   Weekend Thrash! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:34 pm

straitjacket68 wrote:
about your stereo project, you do know they make a conversion radio wiring harness for the caprice , right? just plug and play.
straitjacket billy

The best way to go. It plugs into your factory radio wiring harness, and everything is labeled.

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-1858-Radio-Wiring-Harness/dp/B0002BEX8W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316743711&sr=8-1

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weekend Thrash! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Thrash!   Weekend Thrash! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekend Thrash!
Page 1 of 1