GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Few pictures of my wagon inside

Go down 
+7
Cadet57
mtrhead79
Krzdimond
convert2diesel
Fred Kiehl
Sprocket
MarcinV8
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

Few pictures of my wagon inside Empty
PostSubject: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:37 am

I am preparing for trunk area restoration.
Overall it looks like this:
This tank is for LPG fuel, this will be removed.
Few pictures of my wagon inside Oglnywirok

Left side
Few pictures of my wagon inside Lewybokn

Right side
Few pictures of my wagon inside Prawybokr

Mysterious handle - I assume it has something in common with the trunk floor if I had one Wink
Few pictures of my wagon inside Tajemniczaklamka

Button to to unfold the back seat (I have this only on passenger rear side. There is a crossbar that goes thru rear seat support, you may see it on the first picture)
Few pictures of my wagon inside Przyciskdokanapy

Tailgate handle - I need new one! Anyone haw spare one? PM me
Few pictures of my wagon inside Klamkaklapy

Right seat belts mount - there's something missing - I need the missing part, anyone...? PM me
Few pictures of my wagon inside Mocowaniepaswbezpieczes

Left seat belts mount - again, something missing - I need this missing part...
Few pictures of my wagon inside Mocowaniepaswbezpieczes\

Now some missing cover part of steering column - If anyone.. pm me.
Few pictures of my wagon inside Brakujaobudowakolumnyki

If you have some spare covers I need please PM me Cool
If you have some spare trunk floor (without 3rd seat) please PM me Cool Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:44 am

Yeah, that "mysterious handle releases the spring that lets you push the 3rd seat up into position.

That tailgate handle... is that on the inside of the car? As in you can open it from the inside?

That's not factory.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:20 am

That handle is not factory on US spec wagon, not sure on Euro spec though as I've never seen one. Our tail gate handle release is on the top of the tailgate and there are two, one for drop down, the other for gate swing.

The plastic parts are commonly broken and I'm sure you will get some one on here to replace them for you. I will have to dig around and see if I have any myself.

Finding the floor and shipping it will prove to be a harder task. You might want to think of making one with nice wood and stainless steel piano hinges. It could look really nice.
If I were doing one, I'd use stainless skid strips on top of a glossy lacquered wood like an old pickup bed.
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:40 am

Stingroo wrote:
That tailgate handle... is that on the inside of the car? As in you can open it from the inside?

That's not factory.

It is on the inside tailgate.It opens rear window if you get locked up in the trunk Wink

Sprocket wrote:
That handle is not factory on US spec wagon, not sure on Euro spec though as I've never seen one. Our tail gate handle release is on the top of the tailgate and there are two, one for drop down, the other for gate swing.

The plastic parts are commonly broken and I'm sure you will get some one on here to replace them for you. I will have to dig around and see if I have any myself.

Finding the floor and shipping it will prove to be a harder task. You might want to think of making one with nice wood and stainless steel piano hinges. It could look really nice.
If I were doing one, I'd use stainless skid strips on top of a glossy lacquered wood like an old pickup bed.

I also have the tailgate handle release on the top of the tailgate. This door handle is an extra handle.
I thought about doing the floor by myself, and I will if I won't find factory one, the color isn't really important. I prefer the original floor. Shipping is also not a problem because you may ship it to Chicago - there is a Company like Polamer or Doma - they repack it and ship much cheaper than USPS or FedEx.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 pm

I have a number of the parts you need. Steering column cover (in blue), and the dog houses/igloos for the bolt covers on the C pillar (not blue).

It looks like you need the entire track, and cargo bay floor, along with the mechanism for the 2nd row seat. I picked up the piece for behind the seat, but could not get the rest of the panels out. I did not know that you needed all the supporting parts. The car did have a rear seat. I think the whole thing would be about $150-200 plus shipping to Chicago, if I can get one out.

The handle in the gate for the glass is a good idea. It would be a good mod for any wagon, as long as it is done tastefully.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Marcin:

Don't lose the propane tank just yet. From what we are hearing, you guys may have a problem getting gasoline there in the near future. Don't you just love it when the Arabs start fighting amongst themselves?

Bill
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:24 pm

convert2diesel wrote:
Marcin:

Don't lose the propane tank just yet. From what we are hearing, you guys may have a problem getting gasoline there in the near future. Don't you just love it when the Arabs start fighting amongst themselves?

Bill
Problems will be in France, Germany, UK. We buy fuel mostly from Russia. But the prices still goes up - without any logical reason. Right now there is $6,84 for one gallon of petrol and $3,54 for one gallon of propane. Can someone adopt me, my wife, my cat and 3 cars? Cool
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:30 pm

MarcinV8 wrote:
Problems will be in France, Germany, UK. We buy fuel mostly from Russia. But the prices still goes up - without any logical reason. Right now there is $6,84 for one gallon of petrol and $3,54 for one gallon of propane. Can someone adopt me, my wife, my cat and 3 cars? Cool

Depends on the cars..
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
MarcinV8 wrote:

Depends on the cars..
Caprice LS1
Caprice SW
my golden ticket - rare in US Ford Scorpio '96 Cool

Can I go and pack my stuff, will be by your door till monday cheers
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 pm

i might have the seat belt anchor covers in dark blue i can check on monday.
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:10 pm

MarcinV8 wrote:
Krzdimond wrote:
MarcinV8 wrote:

Depends on the cars..
Caprice LS1
Caprice SW
my golden ticket - rare in US Ford Scorpio '96 Cool

Can I go and pack my stuff, will be by your door till monday cheers

I'll pick you up in Boston Wink
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:59 pm

wait, you said "cat"?

Deal's off. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I have a number of the parts you need. Steering column cover (in blue), and the dog houses/igloos for the bolt covers on the C pillar (not blue).

It looks like you need the entire track, and cargo bay floor, along with the mechanism for the 2nd row seat. I picked up the piece for behind the seat, but could not get the rest of the panels out. I did not know that you needed all the supporting parts. The car did have a rear seat. I think the whole thing would be about $150-200 plus shipping to Chicago, if I can get one out.

The handle in the gate for the glass is a good idea. It would be a good mod for any wagon, as long as it is done tastefully.

Fred, pm me when you will have everything you mentioned Very Happy . I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm

I got your rear area floor

Few pictures of my wagon inside 002

Few pictures of my wagon inside 003

I can have it shipped from flint to chicago this week end along with the armrest

actual shipping plus whatever you feel comfortable with paying
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:19 pm

I don't mind cats
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Pat, nice to hear from you Very Happy
I almost gave up. Ship it asap to Chicago, I'll pm you the address in a minute.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:17 pm

Wish our wagons has the manual rear window popper on the tailgate like that. Would sure make it easier in salvage yards!

I like that handle, it's the same one GM used from the late 60's to the mid 90's on everything from Chevettes to Corvettes over the years. ; )
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:29 pm

The rear window popper is a mod. They never came that way. You can tell that it is an older bezel, and it is broken. It is a good idea, but not done as professionally as possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:15 pm

That release handle was a requirement due to the use of propane gas.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:22 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
The rear window popper is a mod. They never came that way. You can tell that it is an older bezel, and it is broken. It is a good idea, but not done as professionally as possible.

Get inventive and I bet this would work as a replacement bezel. Even blue. They used these on Corvettes, Camaro/Firebirds and Monzas in the 70's-80's. http://www.amazon.com/1978-82-Corvette-Inside-Door-Handle/dp/B003953AR8

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:42 pm

It looks nice. I would try to find one in a junk yard. It would be about $3. You need a junk yard door handle as well.
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Another missing part, here should be 3rd brake light.
Few pictures of my wagon inside 3rd_li10

Can someone tell me how does it work? I'd be thankful if someone could do few pictures of roof sliders in his Caprice that shows how to install these sliders, how are they attached to the roof. I also have some bolts for it.
Few pictures of my wagon inside Reling10
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:48 pm

I have the light panel for the taillight. I might even have it in the correct blue.

The cross bar is correctly placed, there should be a threaded sliding part (rectangular piece of steel about 1/4 inch/6mm thick) in the channel to attach the cross bars with a thumb screw.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:30 am

the roof cross bar is from a roadmaster not a caprice. looks like you dont have the 3rd brake light guts . i think they are usually glued to the cover
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:42 am

I sent him the cross bar for the roof rack, it came off of a 91 Caprice wagon. The bottom of the third brake light is held on by 2 screws.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:56 am

when he gets his package from chicago it will be like christmas
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:05 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
when he gets his package from chicago it will be like christmas
Can't wait santa
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 pm

buickestate wrote:
I got your rear area floor

Few pictures of my wagon inside 002

Few pictures of my wagon inside 003

I can have it shipped from flint to chicago this week end along with the armrest

actual shipping plus whatever you feel comfortable with paying

Pat, please contact me. I sent you PM and I did not get any answer, maybe your message box is full.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:16 pm

pm sent
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 1:56 am

I'm back. The engine is ready so the next project is the trunk floor. Can anyone of you guys could post some photos of your trunk floor, how it is opened, closed, the mechanism of rear seats (i have some weird UE stuff). I need a lot of good quality photos.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm curious to know about the propane set up in your car. Did you do it? How does it work? How far can you get on a fill up? Can you switch back and forth between propane and gasoline. And, finally, if gas is almost 7.00 per gallon, why would you switch back to gasoline? Lots of questions, I know, but I am very interested in hearing about your car.
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
I'm curious to know about the propane set up in your car. Did you do it? How does it work? How far can you get on a fill up? Can you switch back and forth between propane and gasoline. And, finally, if gas is almost 7.00 per gallon, why would you switch back to gasoline? Lots of questions, I know, but I am very interested in hearing about your car.
When I bought the car, the propane set up was already there. Propane set up must be good quality and it must "match" the engine - so not every set up is good for certain engines. The one in my caprice was a piece of sh*t, so i sold it to previous owner Twisted Evil
I have another propane setup in my second Caprice, the one with LS1 engine. This installation is a custom job. I can't tell you how does it work exactly, but I think you may find in google good explanations Wink . The car takes about 17l/100km - about 10% more than petrol. I have a LPG tank inside the trunk. The tank capacity is 80 liters, but you can fill up 56 liters - because of the gas physics.
Why would I swich to gasoline.. because you have to Smile you can't drive all the time on LPG. In US LPG contains mainly pure propane, in Europe LPG is dirty, you have to "rinse" the engine with petrol. In practice it work like this: you start the engine (it runs on petrol), after some time when the engine heats up (about 25 degrees C) and then the LPG turns on (the petrol turns off - but the fuel pump works, the petrol comes back to the tank). It all happens in milliseconds so you barely know when tle LPG turns on.
The LPG setups aren't european invention. I believe US was one of the first countries with LPG setups.
The best setup to 5.0 TBI engine we have in our caprices is IMPCO Very Happy
If you'd like I can make some photos of my LPG installation in my black beast.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:41 am

I've always been curious about CNG or propane setups for these big cars. I had no idea that when the 3rd seat was taken out that there would be so much room for a tank. How far can you go on a fill up of propane? As you mentioned, it does not go as far as gasoline, which is the same for CNG (compressed natural gas, in case anyone does not know what that means). In the states, CNG is about $1.50 or so per gallon, vs. about $3.40 for gasoline. There is a CNG public filling station about 10 miles from my house in Pittsburgh, but none close to my place in Florida. How do you get your propane? Can you go to a service station and just fill up? Your car is very interesting to me!
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 2:50 pm

I don't know the mileage of Station Wagon because I have sold the LPG setup, but in my second Caprice I can go like 180 - 200 miles (55 liters of LPG in a tank). The car uses about 17-19 liters per 100 kilometers (10% more than gasoline), but my leg is heavy and I don't drive "grandpa style". The price for the petrol Pb95 is around $1,7 per liter (sorry, do the math - I'm exhausted..)... (Wait, damn!! This is so freaking expensive!!), and one liter of LPG costs about $0,83 so driving on LPG cuts your costs half.
How do I get propane... I drive to tank station and there it is Cool We have a LPG on 98% of fuel stations in Poland - it is a very popular fuel. CNG is very rare.
Unfortunately LPG drivers doesn't have any tax discounts and the Government is trying to equal the prices for Pb95 and LPG. In some scandinavian country (don't know which) when you drive on LPG the Government gives you tax discounts and "home fueling pump" so you can fuel up in your garage - but this is example from civilized country, we do not have such solutions in poland Laughing

Thanks for being interested in my car Very Happy I may try to sell it on spring 2013 (I will probably try to move to Canada) so if you are interested I can send it to you Laughing you could name him "Globetrotter" (you can see this sign on some trucks in europe). Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Just bercause the scandinavian countries give things away does not make them any more civilized.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 pm

Hmmm - I have a CNG station 2 miles from the house... will need to look into this.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:52 pm

I saw a CNG or LPG equipped car in the Tampa junk yard a couple of years ago. I though about pulling the parts, but it was not all there. It was interesting, and probably could have been repaired, and installed on another car. IIRC, it was either an LT1 or L99.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:58 am

MarcinV8 wrote:
I don't know the mileage of Station Wagon because I have sold the LPG setup, but in my second Caprice I can go like 180 - 200 miles (55 liters of LPG in a tank). The car uses about 17-19 liters per 100 kilometers (10% more than gasoline), but my leg is heavy and I don't drive "grandpa style". The price for the petrol Pb95 is around $1,7 per liter (sorry, do the math - I'm exhausted..)... (Wait, damn!! This is so freaking expensive!!), and one liter of LPG costs about $0,83 so driving on LPG cuts your costs half.
How do I get propane... I drive to tank station and there it is Cool We have a LPG on 98% of fuel stations in Poland - it is a very popular fuel. CNG is very rare.
Unfortunately LPG drivers doesn't have any tax discounts and the Government is trying to equal the prices for Pb95 and LPG. In some scandinavian country (don't know which) when you drive on LPG the Government gives you tax discounts and "home fueling pump" so you can fuel up in your garage - but this is example from civilized country, we do not have such solutions in poland Laughing

Thanks for being interested in my car Very Happy I may try to sell it on spring 2013 (I will probably try to move to Canada) so if you are interested I can send it to you Laughing you could name him "Globetrotter" (you can see this sign on some trucks in europe). Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thanks so much for the information. I am a huge fan of CNG, but it is VERY frustrating that it is so expensive to convert a car to use it. It makes so much sense to use it- North America is swimming in natural gas, yet fewer than 1% of the cars on the road use it. CNG has almost no emissions. The only modification to the car is the tank, and the fuel delivery system. I have looked on you tube and have seen home made conversions, but I would like to be able to get one that would be reliable and safe both. Anyway, thanks again for all of your input.
Back to top Go down
MarcinV8

MarcinV8

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:35 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Just bercause the scandinavian countries give things away does not make them any more civilized.
It does. Because you don't drive on LPG because you like it, you do it because of the costs. And because of this your car so much more ecofriendly than any other even newest diesel engines. And UE cares about ecology. So the goverment should encourage more people to use this sysem. All they see is money. But this is politics, let's not talk about it - it's so not interesting Very Happy

If you would like to convert 5.0 TBI engine, check out IMPCO conversions systems - it's the best fit for this engine. I can tell you which parts to take. I have been using this conversion system for about 5 years and it worked like a charm.
Mark 96 Roady, if you want to but lpg conversion system from IMPCO do it fast, I heard that some italian company (Landirenzo probably) bought it and they slowly kill IMPCO systems so they could sell theirs, and I know from practice (8 cars on LPG) that their conversion systems are quite low quality and won't run your V8.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Few pictures of my wagon inside   Few pictures of my wagon inside Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Few pictures of my wagon inside
Page 1 of 1