GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Empty
PostSubject: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:03 pm

I just spoke to my buddy Rich, the guy that bought my '96 Roady wagon, and he and his fiance are heading up to Dallas this afternoon in the wagon for a big cruise and car show tomorrow. See link below:

http://www.cruiseforest.com/

I'd not heard of this event before, but looking at the website it looks really cool! He promised to send me pics, so I'll post them here.

He told me he just got through changing the oil, and he did mention the black lower side trim on the driver's door was coming loose. I sent him to Autozone for some 3M mounting tape. He wants it nice for the cruise.

I'm really glad he got that car, if I can't have it. He's only using it for cruises and car shows, and it's sitting in a 74-degree climate-controlled garage with all his other classic cars and motorcycles. He loves it. If I ever get it back, it'll be nicer than I gave it.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:48 pm

CLICK THE LINK!

http://bangshift.com/gallery/forest-lane-reunion-cruise-dallas-Texas.html?pid=101950

OUCH! MY BABY. I feel like I just got kicked in the gut. It's still so sharp! I miss it!

That's Robbi behind the car and Rich inside. He's taking great care of the car and really enjoying it.

LOTS of cool cars at this event. Will put it on the calander for next year for sure.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:22 pm

I know that white, 'wooded' RM's are uber-rare, but I think that after searching far and wide, you might just find another one.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:25 pm

jimbeau wrote:
I know that white, 'wooded' RM's are uber-rare, but I think that after searching far and wide, you might just find another one.

They seem to be pretty rare in the condition and mileage mine was in. Mad

That said, I'm waiting for a wood-delete low-mile one to pop up in dark red, grey-green, or black. Looking statewide daily.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Hang in there, you'll find it.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:58 am

I replied to the car cruise e-mail he sent me with the link I posted, and asked if he was ready to sell me my baby back.

This was the reply I got this morning... No I don't think I'll be getting it back any time soon.....

"Are you kidding???? Roady is AWESOME!!!!! Love it. We are actually heading back to Dallas wed. We'll be there about a week, in the Roady.

As you know, everybody that walks by it with hood up does a double take. You did a great job Mike!! Thank You!! I could not believe that it was the first pic on that web site. Way cool for us. R"
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Should have never sold it. Now you must completely break all ties with this man. Call him some god awful name and mean it. LOL!
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 4:46 pm

I agree. He SHOULD have sold the 67 goat to ME.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:43 pm

I have first shot if he does ever decide to sell it. Just like he has first shot if I ever sell my Cutlass. I bought the Cutlass from him! He also bought my '93 S-10 pickup AND my '89 Olds Custom Cruiser.

Safe to say we have the same taste in vehicles. He just has more toys than I do!

There is NO WAY I'd break contact with him. Rich is the guy associated with Street Dreams: https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t1902-texas-hill-country-ride-new-street-dreams-pics?highlight=street+dreams

Click the link above and scroll through the post to see the shop. My Roady went to a GOOD place, and it get to visit it, and all the other toys, whenever I can get out to Fredericksburg.

http://www.streetdreamstexas.com/ - Happily I do not see the Roady listed on their website..yet. affraid
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:47 pm

If you click the store's link, check out the Firebird SD455 tribute car. The interior colors are FUNKY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12   My Roady is having fun without me!!  Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Roady is having fun without me!! Forest Lane Cruise Dallas, 6/9/12
Page 1 of 1