GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype

Go down 
+14
benn
Fred Kiehl
Roadagon
1phastsswagon
a1awind
Olds Weighty Eight
95BRMW
hueterm
Sprocket
sto
jasonlachapelle
BigBlackBeaSSt
DROLDS2U
jimbeau
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Empty
PostSubject: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:31 am

So check these out:

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Image001

Hellooooooo new bits. Smile I'll have those in my hands in a few days, and can give some better comparison shots. Not sure what they'll cost yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 am

What have you been up to young man?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:48 am

Many things, Jim.

Many things.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Evil things, Jim.

Twisted things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Perhaps....
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 5:28 pm

is it so hard to find originals
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 5:32 pm

keep us informed please!!
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:43 pm

what happened to the Spectra ST185 ? I'll stop off at their HQ next week and see what the deal is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:33 pm

This is from Spectra Premium. I sent an OE set to them (left) and they built that prototype. They're sending it my way to verify fitment, and if all is well, they'll be sold to the public.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:34 pm

DROLDS2U wrote:
is it so hard to find originals

For us in FL? Not so much.

Everyone else? Yeah, sometimes. Sedan and wagon straps are different.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Ok, let me know if I can help. My brother lives right next to their HQ.

It seems weird that they would need a set considering they sold the ST185 until recently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Yeah, I don't know. A friend of mine from another forum who bought a wagon had contacted them asking if they could produce a set, they said they needed one, so I sent it to them.

Pretty cool that you're close to them.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:20 pm

He's right next to their Boucherville, QC location. If the straps they are sending you don't fit, and they need a tank/straps, let me know. He can bring the wagon in, or the tank and straps as he needs to do the sender and drop the tank in the very near future.

Keep me in the loop as far as timeframe for availability to the public. My brother needs a new set, and I think Jay might as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Roger that. I'll keep this thread updated.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 pm

i have a nice set attached to the tank in my demoderby wagon...lol i guess ill have to save them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:42 pm

[quote="DROLDS2U"]i have a nice set attached to the tank in my demoderby wagon...lol i guess ill have to save them[/quote
OK,now you are officially disowned!
Back to top Go down
sto

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:41 pm

I replaced two exhaust hangers today and noticed the rust on my straps. I hope the prototypes are a good fit, as I'm in the market for replacements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 7:47 pm

I hope they are too. Smile Will update you guys.

If they ARE a good fit, I will sand my current set down clean and sell those for cheap, since I won't need them.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Or you could paint them green Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Yeah, I don't know. A friend of mine from another forum who bought a wagon had contacted them asking if they could produce a set, they said they needed one, so I sent it to them.

Pretty cool that you're close to them.

Um....about whom might you be speaking?? ;-)

Glad they came through. I should get a set as a finders fee for setting up this little deal :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:49 pm

I did not know you were on here. Lulz.
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:01 pm

LOL, I have what -- 7/8 posts?

I'm on Buick Forums as well -- haven't been there in a while -- Sal gave me a hard time about it ;-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Your choice of cars on your NEXT list is excellent.Boatail Riv was a classic in 71 and the Merc 560
is a timeless beauty as well!Always wanted a 70 Grand Prix SJ and when I finally found one that
I could afford his X ended up with it in the divorce.Always loved that long hood and that gorgeous
grill.Actually like all the cars on yuor NOW list.Welcome to the gang and please some pics of your
NOW cars!
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi, thanks Flasheroo. Here are a few pics, which I guess are threadjacking Ray's straps:

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype PA190069

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype PA190071

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype 70corner

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype 70dash

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype IMG_20120325_182329

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Rivext111

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype IMG_0835

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Extpasture

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype 188306_1847539198061_1528124944_31999858_3952798_n

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype IMG_20120331_080557

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype IMG_0712

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype IMG_0705

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Mike, you dirty threadjacker....
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:04 am

beautiful cars and the dog
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:56 am

I see a 95 DCM RMW and a 97 Riv, sounds very familiar Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:09 pm

You sir have great taste in cars and dogs!I want to see how you get all your cars in and out of
your garage.Must be that space/time continium thing or another garage maybe.
Cant remember,is the DTS front or rear wheel drive?Done threadjacking for a while!
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I want to see how you get all your cars in and out of
your garage.

Me too! Perhaps the two-car garage has an elevator floor that goes down to a lower level parking garage. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks all...

The key to getting them to fit is to use an off site warehouse ;-)

DTS is FWD.
Back to top Go down
sto

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Speaking of fit, how about those tank straps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Still waiting on them. They were likely just shipped out Monday. If I don't hear anything by Friday, I will inquire about a tracking number.
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:09 am

I'm so buying a set when they're ready.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:46 am

Fresh off the FedEx truck:

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype 180230_4368057886248_217640035_n
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:13 am

Nice work roo..... we will need pictures of the project step by step....
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:53 am

I like how they still have the old p/n on them.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:03 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Nice work roo..... we will need pictures of the project step by step....

See my sticky on the topic. (no pics though)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:06 am

jasonlachapelle wrote:
I like how they still have the old p/n on them.

Yeah, I noticed that too.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 pm

photos???? No rain and 4 bolts? You musta been out running, otherwise it should be DONE!

lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Running, and other wagony things... Smile

Probably Monday.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 pm

great job ray....now...can we get someone to make drivers side door panels?
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:02 pm

What came of this ? My brother needs some straps for his Caprice Wagon ASAP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Jason, PM me. I have the prototype set here in my house. They fit well - bolts not included.
Back to top Go down
sto

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Some info received from Spectra:

Good day,

Thank you for your inquiry. The ETA to market this fuel tank strap set is early to mid-December 2012.

Best regards,

Kai Ng
Category Manager - Fuel Systems and Undercar

Great news!

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Who is sto (Steve?)?? Did Ray call Spectra? He is the one working with them.
Back to top Go down
sto

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi,
I should have provided more information about the straps. I hadn't seen any updates on the status of the straps on this forum, so I contacted Spectra directly by e-mail last week. I posted the reply that I received on Thursday.

Steve Olender (Sto)
Albany, NY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Yeah. That's the same ETA they told me. Right now I have the prototype set that I test fit on my car, but if Jason's brother really needs them NOW, I'd rather see them go to him than sit in my storage waiting. Smile
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:21 pm

They don't. They LIST them, but they never had any available for sale for some reason.
Back to top Go down
hueterm

hueterm

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:11 am

What they told me was that they never had a viable set of straps to make a template from.

Good to know on the ETA -- will definitely order a set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype   Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon Gas Tank Straps - Prototype
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next