GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mayneman

mayneman

Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Empty
PostSubject: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:42 am

I've been staring at the front of the car and thinking that the grill on this car (OCC) is just screaming to stripe it on up the hood. Then I think.....naaaayh, that would take away from the classic look. But then I thought that since I have no woodgrain on the car, why not stripe it up the hood and roof with it? Has this ever been done?? Would it look really BAD?

Before you throw up, here's what I'm thinking...........

My lower trim is gray, so it might look cool with gray woodgrain.........ya know, like barnboard. I would, of course, lay a pinstripe on either side, maybe gray or black to tie it together. (Where the heck am I gonna find gray woodgrain graphics??)

Do you think this would look cool, or cheezy?? geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:44 am

Can't say I'd be a fan. A few people have done stripes along the hood that match up with the grille, though.
Back to top Go down
mayneman

mayneman

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 am

I have seen the OCCs with the painted hood stripes, done up right it can look really good.

Thanks for your opinion, I don't think anyone's gonna sit on the fence with this one. You either like or really hate the idea......... sadly, I'm still not sure what side I'm on until I see it done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:04 am

I mean, maybe a photoshop would convince some of us.

On the other hand, OCCs never came with any kind of wood, so maybe it isn't the thing for this car.
Back to top Go down
mayneman

mayneman

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:46 am

Yeah, I might have a bit of woodgrain envy going on here.

If I peel and stick, I figure I can always go back to stock if it looks like crap.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:27 am

Hey, the guy who invented the wheel probably got heckled for at least a short spell.
Try it; if you like it, who cares what anybody else thinks?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:53 am

Chi Zi
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:20 pm

Hey, it's not like we're talking about safety equipment, right?
Back to top Go down
mayneman

mayneman

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:05 pm

I may wait until I get my new tires and see how that looks before I do anything too crazy.

If I do it, it will be fairly subtle.......what I mean is it won't be very obvious that it's woodgrain until you get pretty close, from a distance they will just look like stripes.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:42 pm

it is your car. but does not sound too cool to me. . maybe if you painted wide whites with rubber paint from Western Auto? Pep Boys?
COL
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:25 pm

I could see hood stripes if you had a W40 style hood, but with a stock hood, no.
Personally, I think a W40 style hood, with dark gray woodgrain in place of paint stripes, and gray woodgrain in place of cladding (like the old vistas) would look cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)   Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woodgrain Hood Stripes(??!!)
Page 1 of 1