GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Detailing supplies

Go down 
+7
Cadet57
1phastsswagon
uxwbill
lornejay1
COL
jayoldschool
Krzdimond
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:27 pm

If someone offered detailing supplies (wax, polish, buffers, etc..) would anyone be interested? Thinking about expanding the product line-up to include the the sale of the products that I use.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Unless it will be cheaper than online places like Autogeek, I can't see how it would be worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 pm

quicker shipping..... and I use different chemicals than the "boutique" products. More "professional grade" yes, it WILL be cheaper than autogeek, autopia, and adams.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Nice! I look forward to seeing your stuff, and recommendations.

Can you do USPS for your Canadian clients, please?
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 1:02 am

yes I am interested.
Dick
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:21 am

jayoldschool wrote:
Nice! I look forward to seeing your stuff, and recommendations.

Can you do USPS for your Canadian clients, please?

Same here Robert,thanks.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:34 am

Yes, USPS to Canada. Most likely in "flat rate boxes" to ease on shipping calculations.

I need to check on the legalities of shipping personal instead of business to save you on costs.
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:22 am

I don't know beans about doing some of the things involved in detailing a car properly, but I'd say that I am interested.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Keep it like the Monoprice model. Declare low values, country of origin: US.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:41 pm

uxwbill wrote:
I don't know beans about doing some of the things involved in detailing a car properly, but I'd say that I am interested.

Maybe we can have a Detailing section on here, and offer tips, product useage & product suggestions??

Last edited by 1phastsswagon on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 7:48 pm

That wasn't the point of the thread, but we sure can set something up. There are others on here that either are or were professional detailers.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
That wasn't the point of the thread, but we sure can set something up. There are others on here that either are or were professional detailers.

understood - and yes I myself would like to see whats available from you Robert, as i do many shows a year, and need to keep three cars up
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Cadet57

Cadet57

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 pm

I'm interested as well. I also like the idea of the detailing help section.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:41 pm

So Robert. Please tell us what you may have available. Move thread to for sale if need be but share with us. Ok? Thanks.
COL
Back to top Go down

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Robert,I really like the idea of a "How To" section on detailing and caring for our wagons.As far as you competing with the big guys and all their weekly specials of free shipping and BOGOF offers,
I imagine folks complainig about you charging them 77 cents more than "AutoGeek" and wanting
a refund.Even if you only sell the high end products,who here would buy a 100 dollar container
of pure carnuba wax?Are you still selling your wagon or have you already sold it?Most of the bigger
car care outfits ship orders with in 24 hours because they know fast shipping sells,will you?
IMHO
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 4:32 am

COL wrote:
So Robert. Please tell us what you may have available. Move thread to for sale if need be but share with us. Ok? Thanks.
COL

Nothing for sale..... yet.

Still in negotiation with a supplier, but products available will be on-line with "Auto Magic" and "Chemical Guys". Because I am starting out, the product line will be short, just the stuff to keep your ride looking it's best, without all of the added "stuff" like buckets and hoses- you can get that at Walmart. Very Happy

Flasheroo wrote:
Robert,I really like the idea of a "How To" section on detailing and caring for our wagons.As far as you competing with the big guys and all their weekly specials of free shipping and BOGOF offers,
I imagine folks complainig about you charging them 77 cents more than "AutoGeek" and wanting
a refund.Even if you only sell the high end products,who here would buy a 100 dollar container
of pure carnuba wax?Are you still selling your wagon or have you already sold it?Most of the bigger
car care outfits ship orders with in 24 hours because they know fast shipping sells,will you?
IMHO
Jim Gordon

Still selling the wagon. Now if I could find the time to clean her up and stick her out there.

Not planning on selling the "high end" stuff. I won't sell what I won't use (although I do have a customer that insists on Swissvax)

24 hour shipping is a given.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:54 am

I would be interested in your buffing pad prices. ( smaller quick change/hook and loop)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 6:02 pm

I have been using this and like it...

http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/products/1pad/

Working on getting a deal if I purchase 100 or so.... Can't resell if I pay retail Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Any updates? I'm interested.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm

still in negotiations with suppliers. They seem to think that I want to pay retail for their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:40 pm

I have been approved to resell "Chemical Guys" line of fine products. I will start the ordering process from them on Monday. Products won't begin to arrive here for 7-10 working days (the initial order needs to be shipped by truck) so I won't "officially" start shipping until November 1st, but I am taking pre-orders starting today. Price list will follow when I get it transferred to a spreadsheet (there are over 2000 individual items....).

If there is something you are interested in, let me know and I will post up the price to that specific item

For the months of November and December, ALL products will be offered with free shipping!!

Last edited by Krzdimond on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:39 pm

I realize this isn't quite the same, but what's the point in buffing the wax if the windows are a mess? A friend recommended a product called "Invisible Glass" for the windows. I tried it today (bought it at Canadian Tire).

Phenomenal stuff. Better than anything I've ever used before. Spray on, wipe off, filmy grime gone.
Back to top Go down

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Pricey product from Stoner and it WORKS!
IMHO
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Invisible glass IS good stuff.... I have been getting it in 1 and 5 gallon containers for years now....
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 am

Do you have any recommendations for cleaning and refinishing aluminum rims? I just got a set of some nice AR Baja's but they are DIRTY.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Mothers power ball on a drill and any aluminum polish. Done.
Back to top Go down

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:50 pm

"Dirty" or "oxidized"?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Stingroo wrote:
"Dirty" or "oxidized"?

Mostly dirt, light oxidization. But doesn't really matter, I'm not keeping em. Backspacing is off and they wont fit in the rear with the 235's
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:38 pm

MOST aluminum wheels are clear coated and are treated just like paint. Oxidation requirez stripping off the clear, then polish as mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
MOST aluminum wheels are clear coated and are treated just like paint. Oxidation requirez stripping off the clear, then polish as mentioned.

Hmm. I planned on cleaning the "dirt" off with simple green (is that safe?) seeing what I really had. But I'll probably just skip it now, they don't fit. Mad
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:43 pm

If you are not keeping them anyway, simple green works. Just don't let it dry on the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
If you are not keeping them anyway, simple green works. Just don't let it dry on the wheel.

Cool. I planned to do a very high dilution and hose them off right after.

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

CAUTION: Thread resurrection imminent....

I want to apologize for the delay, my suppliers didn't want me to sell for less or to Canada. Had to market under my own label to bypass...

The first of 2 labels arrived today.... new thread will follow, but info can be found here on my faceybook page: https://www.facebook.com/superiorfinishar?ref=stream

Current offerings:

4.5 Gal wash bucket with lid and grit guard

Body Shampoo
Detail Spray
Undercarriage spray
Spray Wax
Waterless Wash (ECO-WASH) this is an all in one incl. wax

Any suggestions on future products are welcome...

New thread is here: https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t7919-superior-finish-auto-reconditioning-detailing-supplies#82891
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Detailing supplies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detailing supplies   Detailing supplies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Detailing supplies
Page 1 of 1