GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some may or may not be aware

Go down 
+5
Krzdimond
Bewber
DBeaSSt
brokecello
lornejay1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lornejay1

lornejay1

Some may or may not be aware Empty
PostSubject: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:29 pm

As the title says I am the proud purchaser of Mikes,(GN 1220) 96 black wb4 wagon.

I have nothing but good words about him,and they aren't enough,to say how happy I am to be able to get this car.

It will be staying in his garage or wherever he chooses to store it,for the winter,and then I will see about either going to get it,or having him ship it.

I will definitely go out of my way,to a degree,to show everyone along the route home if that happens.

The wheels he has on it will be swapped on to my chev,and his is going to be as it was from the factory,with the exception of the gran sport badging. I think they are a tasteful mod.

this car is prestine,and will never see rain once it gets here. I am the happiest Funeral Director,car guy one anyway, in the profession since last week.

It is like a zoo animal being released to its natural environment,only in this case it will be sheltered from the wild,(mods)for its remaining years in the profession it was hand made for.

One lucky guy here,and an even luckier wagon. Lorne.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Congrats Lorne!!! I did not know that! WOW! So what will you drive to WagonFest this year?!? Smile Or is that event not sheltered enough... Suspect I don't blame you for wanting to keep that wagon safe as can be. Just looked at the pics again on that thread. Nice.

Last edited by brokecello on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:50 pm

I saw that thread. You are a lucky guy! That's a gorgeous car. We expect lots of pics!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:07 pm

Chris I will be in a suit and tie whenever that car moves,so unless fred ups the dress code in waterloo, you and Frank can wrestle over the hardware.

That and I have bought a Bonnieville,for the seats obviously,and I am keeping the roof to maybe graft it into my wagon.

I have half a 6 speed conversion for mine as well so nowI can do the things I was always cautious of doing to it before. I want to have a new paint scheme as well,just to separate work from play.

Mikes unmolested wagon will be the tuxedo image,as it deserves.

Some may or may not be aware LORNE469

The hearse I got Friday,will match his and the limo just like it was 1996 again.

Some may or may not be aware 2

Some may or may not be aware 4-1

Pictures Mike??,Man get ready,I will make everyone sick of seeing pics of it. Some may or may not be aware Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:25 pm

congrats
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 7:02 pm

I had no idea he was selling it...... Haven't been on ISSF for a while now....

Congrats! Black has always been my favorite color for these wagons.... Well, after DCM then MAB. After those, Black is my favorite Some may or may not be aware Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 7:06 pm

now get rid of that %#@$$ minivan so you can start showing proper respect for the dead!

On a side note

Lorne Jay is driving down a road on his way to the cemetary in Chatham and notices A sign in front of a restaurant reads:

HAPPY HOUR SPECIAL

Lobster Tail and Beer

'Lord tunderin' jaysus' he says to himself, 'me 3 favourite tings!'
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Lorne, sounds like you are getting a nice car from someone who just didn't realize what he had. lol Anyway, here some pics of the Hurricane 427 Cobra my friend and I built that we talked about. Since the company changed hands they are now in Iowa but we are going to build the IRS for them again.
Some may or may not be aware IMG_0706
Some may or may not be aware IMG_0710
Some may or may not be aware IMG_0708
What is that black thing in the background?
Some may or may not be aware Th_MVI_0734
Some may or may not be aware Th_MVI_0735

It's no black WB4 but still kinda neat.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Why won't the videos play?
Back to top Go down
Chakotay

Chakotay

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:15 am

GN1220 wrote:
Why won't the videos play?

Sure they do just click on them Wink

Very nice grunt in that 427 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Well Mike I guess all there is to say now is like Revoh, I hate you. lol!

Nice kit , My friend here built one,302 auto Sleep but he did but the 2 roll bars on it for his wfes protection.

It makes it symetrical as well,I`ll try and find a pic.

Nice GN,why should I be suprised, under the other cover is something your friend owns I am guessing.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Lorne...you have a sweet collection....I hope I can see it someday. drunken

Woah on that Cobra Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:27 pm

Chris, I wouldn't mind seeing the collection myself, but only if I am in the vertical position (as opposed to horizontal).

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:59 pm

Some may or may not be aware Johnscarbefore
The blue Camaro in the back started like this
Some may or may not be aware IMG_0969
And ended like this. Factory 325hp/396 4spd SS/RS '67
Some may or may not be aware IMG_0669
Here is the '69 Camaro that is now finished. To give you an idea how long this car was apart, this engine was cool when it went in.
Some may or may not be aware IMG_0947
Not so cool anymore.

And btw, I only wish this were my shop. This is my best friends house where we do all of the work and where the wagon might spend the winter.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:09 pm

Thanks Chris,you are a car guy for sure. I will dig up some of my old vehicles and post em here for you,Man I should have kept some of them. I even have hair back then,

As they say tho,the best is yet to come, . Mike if you see this I will talk to you tomorrow. Lorne.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:25 am

Nice Camaro..... drool....
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:40 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Nice Camaro..... drool....

Which one? Smile Now there is a '68 SS 350/4spd Camaro with a bunch of NOS metal in the downstairs of the shop while a '69 Chevelle SS396 auto, red on red bucket seat interior sits upstairs waiting for a resto. Too many projects, not enough time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some may or may not be aware   Some may or may not be aware Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some may or may not be aware
Page 1 of 1