GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manual Antenna Replacement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Manual Antenna Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Manual Antenna Replacement   Manual Antenna Replacement Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:18 pm

I currently have a non working power antenna, the motor works but the mast is bent and the cable seems to have seperated from the mast. I really don't feel like paying for a new/reman power antenna and just think I'll replace it with a manual mast so I can remove it to be able to go thru car washes. Autozone sells a GM "universal" kit that has different bases to fit various applications, will this kit work on a B-body?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Metra-Antenna/1993-Chevrolet-Caprice/_/N-izlezZ9cipn?itemIdentifier=545534_533149_4162_
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Manual Antenna Replacement   Manual Antenna Replacement Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:46 pm

There used to be a power antenna on mom's 91 Caprice that she has in FL. I simply bought a black mast antenna kit from Pep Boys and installed it. Easy, and works fine. You take a few lower rear inner fender bolts out and jam a sideways chunk of 2x4 in there to hold the gap while you work.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Manual Antenna Replacement   Manual Antenna Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Someone is always selling a power antenna on this forum check the vendor section. If you're going to remove the old one to replace it might as well get another power up and down one Smile

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Manual Antenna Replacement   Manual Antenna Replacement Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 12:16 pm

scoffman wrote:
Someone is always selling a power antenna on this forum check the vendor section. If you're going to remove the old one to replace it might as well get another power up and down one Smile

Because for $15 I can get one that wont eventually stop working like my current one did. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manual Antenna Replacement   Manual Antenna Replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manual Antenna Replacement
Page 1 of 1