GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Found a place to hang my hat !

Go down 
+2
BigBlackBeaSSt
nickyace
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nickyace

nickyace

Found a place to hang my hat ! Empty
PostSubject: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:30 am

Glad I finally joined. Right now I have 3 Roadmaster wagons( 1991 bought in 95,a 95 bought in 2000 and a 96 limited I just got hold of) I also have a 92 Roadmaster Limited sedan I bought brand new and special ordered directly from Ed Mertz,the head of Buick at that time, which has 2 thousand original miles. Also in the stable of long roof cars is a 1966 Sportwagon,a 67 Sportwagon 400,a 71 Vista Cruiser ,a 60 Colony Park and a 60 Chrysler Windsor wagon. I really love these Roadmasters,but I see that they have chronic design flaws. They all leak in the same spots,the same stuff breaks in each and every one of them and they have rust issues where you would never expect. I should just buy steel brake lines in 100 foot spools! The rust issue underneath I'm beginning to attribute to whatever caustic crap they're spraying all over the roads here in CT. In any event, I'm hoping I can find out some stuff here at the forum,because I have no intention of ever getting rid of these wagons. I have a restoration shop in New Rochelle,NY so I'm no stranger to finding unavailable stuff,but I see that these cars are right in the middle of being too old for dealership availabilty and too new for my regular parts guys. Thanks for the invite to the party!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Welcome to our little piece of CRAZY!!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Welcome aboard! Sounds liek he's been crazy for awhile now....you just don't amass 8 wagons in a short amount of time.

Yes, you have found your home....

Oh yeah, we need pics!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Nickyace,you're going to fit in here just fine!Welcome and is your shop just for your personal
stuff or do you restore other vehicles?
Back to top Go down
nickyace

nickyace

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. Sprocket, I've been crazy since I was little. My first wagon was a 64 Sportwagon I got in 1975,then a whole string of Vista cruisers,a 71 Mercury Marquis Colony Park with a factory 429 and a 64 Country Squire with a 390 and a/c and swing away steering wheel.But the glass top wagons always held my interest. The 67 Sportwagon is the exact duplicate of the car I took my road test on,all original,unrestored and took the highest unrestored trophy at the Buick Nationals in NC this summer. My shop was opened by my Grandfather in 1920 and was the first full service body/mechanical/upholstery shop in Westchester. He had 50 guys working for him doing everything from wood-framing to chrome dipping.If it was on a car,they fixed it! At this point,Flasheroo,I'm doing stuff for customers I've had for years,recommendations and my own personal stuff. We also supply cars for 'Period' movies and TV shows. My green 71 Vista was in Beautiful Mind and an MTV commercial,the 64 Lesabre Wagon(which I forgot to add to my initial list) was in Hoax and Across The Universe and Catch Me If You Can. The Jade Green 95 RMW was in a Penzoil commercial,a VW commercial and a couple of movies I can't even remember the names of. The white 91 RMW and a dark green 89 Grand Wogoneer (which I got rid of) was in a movie called We The Peoples,which hasn't been released yet. After almost 40 years of turning wrenches,I like to play with old iron!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Nick,

Sounds like you are in the north east based on the brake line info. If you can fill out the city and state it helps us all. We also have a Google Map for our group. You can find it in the members section. If you fill out your local you can see who is close to you or who you might be traveling near.

Tim
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Welcome aboard, nickyace!
Can't wait to see pics of your collection.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Wow, cool story and sweet fleet! Smile

Welcome to the madness! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Welcome! You have a great collection there but I'd really love to see that '67! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:55 pm

You sir, NEED to come to WagonFest 2013!!
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:59 pm

He is a WagonFest! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found a place to hang my hat !   Found a place to hang my hat ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found a place to hang my hat !
Page 1 of 1