GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally bought another wagon.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sven Auge

Sven Auge

Finally bought another wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:57 am

Greetings. After having my car stolen, twice, and having it completely destroyed I decided to try and replace the 94 Caprice wagon I once owned and have missed so much. I had hoped to find one with the LT1 engine but a 93 Roadmaster came along and the price was so right I pulled the trigger and am now a proud owner. This car has a little over 91000 original miles, a beautiful leather interior with skins in amazing shape, two small surface rust spots and decent tires. With the addition of brakes, shocks, a pair of tailgate struts and some floor mats I now have 2222.87 in the car. My licensed mechanic neighbor declared the car a great runner and a bargain, and then proceeded to point out a new radiator, water pump and battery. The guys at the garage pointed out that the wheel cylinders were new and said she ran great. I'm thrilled to be back in the drivers seat. The only issue of any importance I seem to be facing is to find a replacement for a module that sits on the passenger side up under the dash. Someone had by-passed the climate control fan switch with a toggle switch under the dash which promptly burned out this module and a wiring harness that was attached to it. The "repairman" made the mistake of using too light a gauge of wire. The rigged job lasted just long enough to demonstrate that the air "blows cold". I'm not sure if you'd call it a resistor or a module or what. If you are sitting in the front passenger seat your toes would be pointing up toward this part. It looks like a little black box with a heat sink type deal on it. Two plugs fit into this "box" one running out to the blower motor. Three screws or bolts hold it on. On the black box-like side is printed Delco 1617860 STK6994JH 161 2 J 9244 Japan. I need one of these in working condition along with the plug that doesn't run to the blower motor. The plug might be partially blue. If anyone out there knows anything about this I'd sure like to hear from you. Other than that I'm well pleased with my "new" car and I plan to demonstrate to my fancy Honda driving wife and daughter that you can buy a car for under two thousand bucks, have no payments, and get a hundred thousand miles out of the thing. After all you can buy a lot of gas with the ten or twenty thousand plus interest you save by purchasing a real automobile and buying it right. I was looking around the internet for parts and accessories when I came across you guys and figured this was a good place to be. My best wishes and the compliments of the season to anyone who has taken the time to read all this.

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:32 am

You can find a replacement at the nearest junk yard. I would think any Roadmaster wagon or sedan as well as a Caddy fleetwood will have that. Probably not Caprices as they didn't have the auto climate control thing going. I'm sure someone on here has one floating around.

Welcome aboard and back in the driver's seat.....
Back to top Go down
chevy5seven

chevy5seven

PostSubject: Re: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 11:44 am

Welcome!!! santa
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Welcome to the madness! My OCC was an impulse buy in 2001 like a candy bar at the register. For $2800 and minimal maintenance over the years, I agree with your sentiment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Welcome Sven and from the sound of it,you need a alarm,the club and a big mean dog if you
want to keep this wagon.Where are you from?
Back to top Go down
Sven Auge

Sven Auge

PostSubject: Yeah Buddy!   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Thank you all for the kind greetings and the advice. This is so cool! I live in a small town in central Florida in an area known as the nature coast. Not the Florida most folks know but rather the good part. The deep south. I got the club! Forgot to use it one night, one stinking night, and the thieves came back. Neighbor punks. In any case one is in jail and the other one is supposed to pay me some money to clear his "good" name but I'm not holding my breath. I'm wondering if there is such a thing that would send me a silent alarm so next time I could meet with these guys personally. In any case I'm clubbing it every night, have the driveway lit up and a thing or two disconnected. What's amazing is this is considered a nice neighborhood. Anyway I'm loving my new car and looking forward to participating in these forums. No one ever said word one about my Crown Victoria, which by the way was a pretty nice ride, but I can't go anywhere without someone commenting on these sleek wheels. As we say here in the deep south, Yeah Buddy!
Back to top Go down
Sven Auge

Sven Auge

PostSubject: Re: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks a lot Olds Weighty Eight. I had to see that picture of your engine. I don't know how I'm going to sleep until I've gone over mine. Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 am

Another FL boy on the list. Keep an eye out for the end of March, wagonfest FL @ the spring Turkey run In Daytona Smile
Back to top Go down
Sven Auge

Sven Auge

PostSubject: Re: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 9:04 am

Thank you for the heads up Sprocket. Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 8:16 am

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sven Auge

Sven Auge

PostSubject: Re: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 10:29 am

Thank you Brokecello. Can you tell me how to reply directly to people who contact me with parts and things? I'm really new to this. Thank you so much and Merry Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally bought another wagon.   Finally bought another wagon. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally bought another wagon.
Page 1 of 1