GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Empty
PostSubject: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Was yarding and came across a 92 Chevy Custom Cruiser. Only had 125k on it and it was in pretty darn good shape but what was so surprising was the interior. It has got to be one of the cleanest unblemished I have come across. The back seats still had thick factory plastic on them! There was even plastic hanging below the front seats still so I imagine it was on many years after first ownership. I just think it is awesome that an interior can look that factory new after 20 years!

You'll see some greasy fingerprints in back....that was me as I took the lower tailgate hinge.

[url=Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore D50FAE5D-2CF2-40F9-B161-9BDE545E566F-2016-000005A014B65536[url=Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore 0FF51C47-2252-4FFF-8C3E-8084B50C89E1-2016-000005A00C23407C[/url]
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Lance,

That grey cargo cover is worth bucks!!! Be sure and pull it!!

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 8:30 pm

^^^They go for about $100 on ebay.

I found a set of dark maple red cloth RM seats in a 35000 mile car, and the arm rest is like new. It is so pristine that you could eat out of it. There is a set of blue cloth RM seats in a 37000 mile car which is soon to see the crusher. Not quite as pristine, but in excellent condition.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Blue cloth? I need a driver side door panel and the cargo cover as well as a center front armrest if you can pull it...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 pm

If that has a grey cloth seat, you HAVE to nab it. I know toward the end of 92, they started to use blue vinyl with cloth interior. (found a late 92 in blue cloth with a vinyl 3rd seat ant the JY).

Grey cloth interior is uber rare in A wagon and only the OCC had cloth 3rd row seating....

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 10:22 pm

3rd row seating I was talking about there.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 10:31 pm

s1l1sc wrote:
Blue cloth? I need a driver side door panel and the cargo cover as well as a center front armrest if you can pull it...

I may be able to get the armrest. The door panel is gone, and it is a sedan, so no cargo cover.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:57 am

The pics above are a grey cloth interior. Third row was vinyl.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Armrest would help - if you run across a good blue 91/92/93 front driver door panel, please pull it for me... Seems like things always fall apart when I seem to find one for a good price... (or they are already broken somewhere).
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:51 pm

s1l1sc wrote:
Armrest would help - if you run across a good blue 91/92/93 front driver door panel, please pull it for me... Seems like things always fall apart when I seem to find one for a good price... (or they are already broken somewhere).

Have you tried my repair technique on cracked door panels? If you catch them when the crack is fairly small, you can make them last a long time. Just remember to close your doors with the pull strap, and do not slam them.

I have repaired a number of door panels. Some of them were severly damaged. The repair, when done properly is almost imvisible even on exposed areas. All it requires is some MEK, and scrap plastic from another door (it does not even have to be the same color).
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:45 am

Not happening on mine - the crack is roughly 6 inches, going four directions and right where the switch control panel meets the door, so the cracks are spreading into 3 dimensions... lol

Oh, the fold down pull loop on the door also is half cracked out - bad repair by the prior owner.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:59 am

I have repaired cracks that were half the length of the door. They are as strong as the original panel or better. You can still see the line from the crack, but the panel is strong. It would make the door panel usable until you find a really nice one.

Another option is to get a good lower panel in any color, paint it to match with SEM paint, and then swap your top panel to it. I have some nice lower panels in other colors. You could even paint the entire panel, and just swap the carpet from your old door.

I have a blue surround with the pull bar in excellent condition for a driver's side door. PM me if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore   Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pristine seats-don't see this much anymore
Page 1 of 1