GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings from Massachusetts

Go down 
+3
Cadet57
silverfox103
Geezer Wheezer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Geezer Wheezer

Greetings from Massachusetts Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Massachusetts   Greetings from Massachusetts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi all!

I have been on the ImpalaSS forum for quite some time (as Rustbucket Ranger), but only recently became aware of this forum. We recently moved to west-central Mass. (north of Springfield) after being in the Boston area for 40 years.

I have had a white woody 94 RMW since 2004, putting 40,000 miles on it in that time. Though I haven't driven it in the winter (it was a Virginia car with very clean underside), it nonetheless is getting a bit elderly. So a couple of months back I bought a 96 white woody RMW, with only 68000 miles. This one is likewise a Southern car, which I hope to keep "indefinitely." The new one has a few flaws, which I will work on as time permits, but basically it is in very clean shape, with the "Limited" interior. Next Spring the 94 will be looking for a new home, to answer my wife's question - "Why do you have TWO of them ??"

My other toy is a Jaguar XJ8 from 2001. That car is exponentially more complicated than any US product. It's engine isn't feeling too well now, so that might have to be my auto priority for fixups.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Massachusetts   Greetings from Massachusetts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Glad you made it over Jay!

You'll like it over here!

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Massachusetts   Greetings from Massachusetts Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:08 am

Welcome to the gang Jay,tell the wife that having 2 wagons is perfectly normal and you have
about 800 friends that will vouch for you!We have a few Jaguar fans here that will be glad they
have another fan of the british legend!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Massachusetts   Greetings from Massachusetts Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:27 am

Hi Jay,

Greetings from Chicopee cheers
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Massachusetts   Greetings from Massachusetts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:29 pm

How far north of Springfield are you? That's my neck of the woods, too.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Massachusetts   Greetings from Massachusetts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Welcome to the forum!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Massachusetts   Greetings from Massachusetts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:43 am

Welcome aboard. I think there may be something wrong with you as you only have TWO wagons. I'm currently down to 3 in personal owenership (although 4 in the driveway = one is my son's). Smile

Likewise, I'm one of the Brit car peeps Jim mentioned. Owned an 83 XJS with the V-12 (you wanna talk complex?!) and maintained my Mum's 1990 Vandeln Plas Majestic until some 85 year old moron in a PT cruiser destroyed it a few months ago.

Must be snowing or something up that way, bunch of New Englanders joining the forum santa
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Massachusetts   Greetings from Massachusetts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:49 am

Sprocket wrote:

Must be snowing or something up that way, bunch of New Englanders joining the forum santa

We need something to do. Laughing

I'm all caught up on my model train projects so now I'm really bored No
Back to top Go down
yakko

yakko

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Massachusetts   Greetings from Massachusetts Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Welcome !!,
Another wale saved!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Massachusetts   Greetings from Massachusetts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Massachusetts
Page 1 of 1