GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reasonably available whitewalls?

Go down 
+6
95BRMW
Mark 96 Roady
toomanytoyz
Gastt
jayoldschool
Geezer Wheezer
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Geezer Wheezer

Reasonably available whitewalls? Empty
PostSubject: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:38 pm

My 96 RMW is going to need new tires in the Spring, so I thought I would spend the snowy moths planning ahead. Or, if there's no snow, maybe just go get some.

Anyway, looking online for the stock P225 75R15 size, in whitewalls, I was underwhelmed by the apparent selection available. I definitely want to keep the stock whitewall look, and my stock 15" aluminum wheels. Just need a comfortably riding tire with reasonable tread life. Winter performance not an issue.

Can anyone recommend tires with known availability? From any of the larger tire store chains? Or will I likely have to order from a specialized source, and have them shipped to me? Should I consider a tire size a bit different from stock? If so, what?

etc. etc. Any and all facts or opinions welcome!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:20 pm

See if you can find some Runway Enduro 75s. Not made here, but they are cheap. I paid $75/ea for the set on my Caddy in that exact size.

Reasonably available whitewalls? 016
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:02 pm

The Runway Enduros are hard to come by. Look into Hankook or Cooper Trend setter. Sigma Shadows if you can find them.

I'm a store manager at a tire store in Wareham. I sell all 4 of these brands among others.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:15 pm

I used to love the Sigma Shadows! They were STILL 25 bucks a piece til just about 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:16 am

As Jay mentioned, the Runway Enduro's. I have them on my 93 Fleetwood, and I love the ride. They run up to 90mph and still run very smooth. I don't really know how long they will last, but they look great, and after approximately 12,000 miles still look and ride new. I bought mine a little over a year ago, and I think they were about $90 each, delivered to my house in Florida. I bought them from tireseasy.com. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:56 am

I'm with Jay and Mark on the Runways. I have the Champiro GT Radial 75s which is what I'm told are now called the Runways and love them. The wider white wall goes great with my woody wagon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:51 pm

http://www.runway-tires.com/runway/us/

just send them an email and they will tell you where you can buy their tires near you

I like mine
Back to top Go down
GraypaHarwick

GraypaHarwick

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:03 pm

This may be old news but check Discount tire. I just picked up the Hankook Optimo H724 225/75/15 with white wall $60 each.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 8:51 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
GraypaHarwick

GraypaHarwick

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:58 am

Wow. That is weird. Igot them last week and price was good for 30 days. They were a sale item here in the Daytona area.
Back to top Go down
GraypaHarwick

GraypaHarwick

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:01 am

Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:15 pm

OK, it's a regional thing. Their site says there are no stores within 75 miles of here so I just looked at their online pricing. I could always make a trip to visit Pop in Daytona and pick some up there. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Discount tire direct....they will compete against themselves,had them do that a few times! Very reliable. IMHO
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasonably available whitewalls?   Reasonably available whitewalls? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reasonably available whitewalls?
Page 1 of 1