GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!

Go down 
+3
IMPALADAKID
toomanytoyz
firewood
7 posters
AuthorMessage
firewood

firewood

Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Empty
PostSubject: Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!   Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 pm

I'll post as many of these as I can w/ tech info if possible.

First, I'll quote the wagon section from the big wheel sticky in ISSF:
[QUOTE=The Firewood will rise again;1888193]
Station Wagons

I can tell you alot abot wagons, having had a dozen different combos on mine.

Fitment criteria is about the same as sedans with the exception of the rear. 10 inches wide is about all you'll get under a stock fender. When I ran the 20/22 combo:
Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! 6-17-2006-19 Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! 6-17-2006-20
22x9.5 on the rear with a +15 offset, I had about 1/4 inch on each side of the wheels. That's it. Height i another mater, and I have seen 26's under the fender of a wagon cwm3 (I secretly dream of running a 24/26 stagger sitting as low as possible)
Full specs: 20x9 + 15 offset on the front w-255/35R20, 22x9.5 + 15 on the rear with 265/35R22's. No rub, and I shoulda lowered it 2/4.

Another wagon:
Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Reardrive

20x8.5 front 20x10 rearSome mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Ftlt
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!   Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:11 pm

What backspacing would be needed to run a 15x8 with a 295/50 on there? Would a 4" BS clear on a wagon? Just curious. Cuz I could get my ols Rallyes back and might put them on the wife's car... Wink
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!   Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:11 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Cuz I could get my ols Rallyes back
Are you kidding me? You buy two sets of wheels. Sell them, only to buy them back.
I can't get over the feeling that some how I am at least half way responsible. geek
You da man Bill cheers
Back to top Go down
firewood

firewood

PostSubject: Re: Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!   Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:58 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
What backspacing would be needed to run a 15x8 with a 295/50 on there? Would a 4" BS clear on a wagon? Just curious. Cuz I could get my ols Rallyes back and might put them on the wife's car... Wink
I figure I could finally answer this question a year later...

I have done 295's on a 15x8 before, but I hate the way it looks. sidewall BULGE! But if you insist, I'd go for a higher backspacing, like 4.5 inches. There was a guy on ISSF that got some 15x10 steelies with 295/50r15's under a wagon with 6 inches of backspace. Said he had to do some trimming.
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

PostSubject: Re: Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!   Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:21 am

Looks Nice Firewood, Question of the top of your head would a 275/45r20 fit in the rear of a stock wagon suspension
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/nhgonzo
AVIDINHA

AVIDINHA

PostSubject: Re: Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!   Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:56 pm

i had a 295/40/20 in the back of my wagon for a while, came on the rims i bought so i figured i'd try it, no cut, no rub.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/avidinha
Quarterracer

PostSubject: Re: Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!   Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:34 pm

I was thinking about getting these for the 92 I have.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110490903648&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1&category=43960

Would I be able to still lower the car without having to modify anything? I just want to do like an inch or two just to eliminate the gap. Any suggestions on what I should use to drop it?
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!   Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:13 pm

What tires do you plan to run?

Comparing a 245/35/20 on those 20 inch Boss 338's to a 255/45/17 on a stock Impala SS wheel, the Boss wheels are 0.3 inches closer to the brakes/suspension, more fender clearance and fill out the wheel wells 9mm more. A 275/30/20 will be 0.7 inches closer to the suspension/brakes, 2mm (0.1 inches) closer the the fender and fill out the wheel well 6mm more.

As for lowering the car, it should work. I have a 245/45/18 in front and a 275/40/18 in the rear lowered on B-Body Performance/Vogtland springs. Another wagon has 255/45/17 on SS rims lowered on Hotchkis springs.

Firewood, correct me if I am wrong.
Back to top Go down
Quarterracer

PostSubject: Re: Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!   Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm thinking about getting Boss 338's in 20x8.5 with a 14 offset all around and running a 275/40/20 tire all around too. I've got a 92 RMW and it's still sitting on it's original springs. I may lower it an inch or two in the future but I'll wait and see how it looks first with just the wheel change. Just wanted to see what you guys thought as far as whether or not these will fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!   Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some mind-bending wagon fitments for the new forum!
Page 1 of 1