GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new RMW owner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jon7190

jon7190

new RMW owner Empty
PostSubject: new RMW owner   new RMW owner Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought a 96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon! I am new to the forum here, but not new to B-bodies or wagons. Some of you may have seen the car as I bought it off ebay from a member here.

She is a white, wood-delete, limited with beige cloth interior. 79k miles(80k now that I drove it home). Hopefully have over 82k soon, after I drive it for vacation to AZ later this month. Has the tow package, as it seems most do. Has CD player, which seems kind of rare. I don't plan too many mods. Probably put upgraded speakers and amp in it, but hopefully keep the stock head unit. I'm not sure what to do about wheels. I'm OK but not excited about the stock aluminum ones. Part of my problem is the car has white letter tires which doesn't look good to me at all with the stock wheels. I'm not sure if I want to get proper white wall tires for the stocks or get something aftermarket like some classic style torquethrusts or cragers.

I have owned 2 9C1's in the past and currently own a 94 Caprice wagon. I'm planning to put the 94 up for sale soon and will probably post it here in case anyone is interested in it.

I live in Houston. Are there very many members from down this way?
Back to top Go down
jon7190

jon7190

new RMW owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: new RMW owner   new RMW owner Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 5:13 pm

I tried to post pictures, but when I attach them it says I've exceeded maximum size. It looks like the maximum size is 0.129mb, which if I'm not mistaken is incredibly tiny. Am I doing something wrong?
Back to top Go down

new RMW owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: new RMW owner   new RMW owner Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 5:59 pm

Just host them elsewhere, like Photobucket or Imgur. Free forum, so not much allotted for pic storage.
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

new RMW owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: new RMW owner   new RMW owner Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 pm

welcome to the forum! nice wagon. i did see that one on ebay.
Back to top Go down

new RMW owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: new RMW owner   new RMW owner Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Welcome to the group,is that the wagon Fred had on ebay a few weeks ago?
Back to top Go down
HERD_546

HERD_546

new RMW owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: new RMW owner   new RMW owner Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Welcome to the group hope to SSee some photos of your wagon. As far ar the white letter tires you could just turn them around.. I run the 17 inch Impala SS wheels with the P255/50ZR17 Kuhmo ASX tires for the summer months.. I run a set of 9C1 wheels with Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice in the winter P225/70R15..

I upgraded the rear 6 X 9 speakers with some 3 ways and the bass was still flat.. For better sound you may want to build a box to go behind the rear seat for your rear speakers.. I wired in 1/4 inch phone jacks to the stock wiring for the rear speakers. Its a Stillwater Kicker with 8" wolfers and horn tweeters. With the 1/4 inch phone jacks I can take out the box if I need to haul stuff.

For the front speakers the best are the 6 1/2 inch 2 or 3 way round speakers.. If you look on the Impala SS Forum there is a pattern for a plywood mounting plate for the front speakers..

http://www.impalassforum.com/tech/audio/door_speakers/door_template.htm

Last edited by HERD_546 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.theherd.com
jon7190

jon7190

new RMW owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: new RMW owner   new RMW owner Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Thanks for the audio tips.

I bought it from Fred.

I will look into putting my pics up on a site. You should be able to imagine the car pretty well from the avatar. It's very clean, certainly no flaws that would show on a 20 ft photo.

I chose the RM for a few reasons, but I think the Caprices are better looking, especially in a no wood configuration. I like the cleaner rear window and roof.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new RMW owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: new RMW owner   new RMW owner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new RMW owner
Page 1 of 1