GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
s1l1sc

Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Empty
PostSubject: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Both of mine are going bad - Autozone wants $40 each - I am sure there have to be better/cheaper options out there. Does anyone know what interchanges?

Also, what other sensors should I look at while I am doing this?
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:24 pm

did you check rockauto?
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:31 pm

s1l1sc wrote:
Both of mine are going bad - Autozone wants $40 each - I am sure there have to be better/cheaper options out there. Does anyone know what interchanges?

Also, what other sensors should I look at while I am doing this?

Thats cheap,when I bought my oil pressure sender from rock auto 3 years ago it was 55 bucks.Is your OP gauge needle pegging to the far side of the gauge and staying there except when stopped in drive?
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:14 pm

it is all over the place. When stopped in drive it drops to the left and the low oil light comes on. While driving it jumps all over the place - i did unplug it and clean it the other day (full of oil). It worked for a couple of days, then went crazy again - makes me think it is leaking inside the sensor and shorting out the contacts.

The low oil light in the ac control has been on forever - it turns off on occasion.

I have enough oil in the engine - have been checking on a regular basis.

I have not checked rock auto yet. Ordered the wrong sensor the last time =(
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Pick and pull yards are cheap, and most guarantee the part for 30 days. There is a gasket on the level sender that is not available separately. You have to make your own with silicone sealer.

The oil level sender may have a loose/broken wire in the connector. Mine usually works for a couple of days after an oil change, then the light stays on. I have swapped the sender (and in the 91 and 92, the module). The only thing left in my car that could cause the light to be on is a broken wire.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Thank you guys. Will take a crack at Rock auto. Yarding is not feasible right now due to work schedule and such.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 9:25 pm

Alright, looks like it is fixed. Next up: Tailgate sensor :-)
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Tailgate sensor?
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:07 pm

The little black plunger par in the tail gate that turns on the gate ajar light on the dash.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:15 pm

do you need one?
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Yup, need a working one.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:48 pm

I have one.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Cool - lemme know how much :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?   Sensors - oil Level and Preassure? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sensors - oil Level and Preassure?
Page 1 of 1