GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

93 RMW antenna coax plug-in location?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
theblurrrr

theblurrrr

93 RMW antenna coax plug-in location? Empty
PostSubject: 93 RMW antenna coax plug-in location?   93 RMW antenna coax plug-in location? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 1:15 am

I just installed an OEM UA1 CD and U75 power antenna in my 93 RMW wagon, replacing aftermarket units. I found the wiring plug for the antenna but am still looking for the plug-in for the coax. Is it down that wiring bundle near the antenna unit? I didn't see anything obvious when I was inside the inner fender.

(BTW the sound quality is dramatically better!)

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW antenna coax plug-in location?   93 RMW antenna coax plug-in location? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:13 pm

The coax should be along the back of the wheelhouse. It is separate from the wiring harness and goes through the firewall behind the fender.
Back to top Go down
theblurrrr

theblurrrr

PostSubject: Cable found!   93 RMW antenna coax plug-in location? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks Fred!

The person who installed the replacement antenna cable snipped off the factory coax and pushed theirs through the same grommet in the firewall. Thankfully, I have a new factory coax to fix it. I just have to disassemble the dash to get to everything.

BTW, thanks for the antenna unit I purchased on eBay--it works great!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW antenna coax plug-in location?   93 RMW antenna coax plug-in location? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

93 RMW antenna coax plug-in location?
Page 1 of 1