GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cc_rider

1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Empty
PostSubject: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Howdy Longroofers!

Okay, I sold the 1994 Cappy wagon, now it's time to move the OCC.
I don't have pics yet because she's still in storage and needs a good cleaning, but here are the basics:

Asking $1500:

1991 OCC, 190XXXmiles. Engine could be rebuilt, but I would do a crate or an LT1 swap instead. Runs fine, but the low-rpm smog test is borderline: we're guessing valve guides but who knows. I think PO put on Flowmasters, it has that distinctive rumbly sound. PO replaced transmission too, I've never had a single problem with it.

Body is very good, nothing significant besides the usual small dings, paintless repair could take them out. Dark blue, previous owner had it professionally repainted. Hood ornament and grille badge shaved (if it ever had them?). The lower trim molding looks good too, not all sun-peeled like usual.
She sits on Global West springs in front, overly-stiff Chevy truck springs in back, Bilsteins all around. Rides great except for the extra-stiff rear springs: great if you're hauling concrete, not so great for cruising.

Battery relocated to spare-tire well, in a Summit Racing battery box. Wiring for amps in rear footwell. Alpine double-Din head unit, CDT speakers in front. Custom mounting plates for 6x9s in the factory rear locations. All from a time when I had time and money: ex-girlfriends have a way of making both vanish...

Tires are almost new Kumhos on plain steelies: nothing fancy but they're round and hold air, so hey.

Window tint is dark and good all around, including the vista window. Dash has a fitted carpet pad on top, so it's been protected from sun damage. So far all the electrical/electronics seem to be working, even the climate control unit. I've seen those go for $300 alone. Interior is original blue leather, benches. A set of Bonnies was in the works, but time and money... see above.

It needs a good cleaning and a little TLC, just because it's been in storage a few years. But as soon as I get her cleaned up I'll post pics. In the meantime, start clearing out the garage for your new stablemate...

Thanks!
chris

edit: duh, I'm in Austin TX.

Last edited by cc_rider on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Texas Mike in 3... 2... 1... Wink

Back to top Go down
cc_rider

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Yeah TMT, I pinged him with a PM also. I'm hoping to find the old girl a good home. I think I saw Mike's white OCC the other day too. There are a handful of longroofs around town, they tend to stand out!

Love the wheels on your wagon. The 1994 Cappy wagon I just sold had AR TTIIs, they needed some cleanup, and if I had kept the car I wanted to do bead-blasted satin rims with graphite/anthracite powercoat on the spokes/hubs. Nice look!

c.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:13 am

Yep I just read this post late last night. Already replied. I'm not in the market right now...but if you remember Joseph said he wanted a wagon for his first car.

We'll see. I've got the jersey trip this month or I would be more excited. We do what we can!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
cc_rider

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 am

Thank you everyone! I will get busy and get her dressed up in her finest. I'm still looking for those dang trim panels too, those gaps look terrible, and right at eye level.

Mike, you need more cars. Just saying...

Thanks!
chris
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 pm

I was thinking a slow longroof for the 16 year old... Wink
Back to top Go down
cc_rider

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Bill, you read my mind...

Plus it'll give him plenty of opportunities for hands-on experience.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:30 pm

cc_rider wrote:

I lol'd at my interpretation of that statement. Razz
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:02 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
cc_rider wrote:

I lol'd at my interpretation of that statement. Razz

come again,..???
Back to top Go down
cc_rider

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Bill is referring to the generously-proportioned backseat area. Plus the seats fold flat, if the need, ahem, arises for more advanced horizontal maneuvers...

I hadn't thought of it that way, but Bill is spot-on...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:20 pm

That's actually not at all what I was thinking!!!!! Shocked

LOL!

I was thinking you were saying lots of hands on experience because the car was a POS or going to need a lot of work. Wink
Back to top Go down
cc_rider

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:10 pm

That was my original intent, but the way it was worded allowed for, uh, alternate explanations.

And I wouldn't call it a POS, but it is over twenty years old, so yeah, it needs work. The fundamentals are sound, but dang, GM made some pretty crappy plastic parts. The body is good though, no cancer. The only thing hinky electrically is the gas gauge, I never did that fix but I recall it's a snap. I rebuilt and upgraded the alternator too, I think it's 130 amp now? Perfect for that bank of 12" subs the kid will put in...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 8:02 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
I was thinking a slow longroof for the 16 year old... Wink

That's why my boy got an L03. My first car was a 73 caddy w/472. I was dangerous, lol
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:56 am

Sprocket wrote:

I was dangerous, lol

whats changed??
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:40 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

I was dangerous, lol

whats changed??

Nothing, just a little more discreet these days.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:06 am

Still no pics?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:50 pm

So it's been about 4 months, but I'm new to the forum and want to know if the car might still be available. I assume not since no activity, but as I can't PM I had to ask here....
Back to top Go down
cc_rider

PostSubject: 1991 Olds CC, dark blue, project car but she does run!   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Calling all Austin/CenTex Longroofers...
It's time to admit I'm never going to get to my project wagon. It's time to let her go.

1991 OCC, dark blue (repainted, some chips). 180xxx miles. 305 TBI that may have worn valve guides: barely passed low-rpm emissions last time. She's been sitting in storage (covered but dusty) for several years, but she does run. Recently dropped the tank and put in a new fuel pump, because that little rubber tube had fallen apart!

Bilsteins all around. Global West front bits. Rear springs are 3/4-ton Chevy truck: her butt is a little lower but it is very stiff. I think she has Flowmasters, she has that nice rumble, but I'm afraid her bark is worse than her bite!

Battery relocated to spare tire well, wired for amps in way-back footwell. Alpine DD head unit. Also have an early Streetlights kit, never installed. Factory service manual, NIB catalytic converter. Tires are new Kumhos: nothing special but the old ones dry-rotted right off the rims.

Interior is so-so. The blue leather is good, but the plastic parts have cracked, etc. Driver's window needs the 'roller fix', I think I have the parts to do it though.

Body is fine. Only thing missing is the two second-door 'sail panels'. Dang things are scarce as hen's teeth.

She is staying at a friend's shop, at South Congress and Ben White. He has the keys. I'll give her a bath and take pics this weekend, in the meantime if you're in the neighborhood drop by and check her out.

121-A Pickle Road (South Congress, across from Expose)
My buddy Alex owns Allstate, his number is in the pic.
PM me, or email cogburnchris@gmail.com or call me 512-461-5705.

How much $$$? Good question. I'm asking $1500, since she's got some nice hardware.

Thanks everyone!
chris
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2s4oPG0TXwBNlpWc1RBV3FvSFU/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2s4oPG0TXwBd1ZBS3J3RkFFWjA/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2s4oPG0TXwBVEZMdlBjY3VCWjA/edit?usp=sharing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...   1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1991 Olds Custom Cruiser for sale. Clean body and glass, Bilsteins, more...
Page 1 of 1