GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cadillac kevin

couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre Empty
PostSubject: couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre   couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 10:10 pm

I have a couple questions on my 83 lesabre sedan.
1. What is the rubber piece that sits on the passenger side valve cover and lets the oil go into the rubber tube and where can I get another one?
2. Was a 3 speed trans available in 83? I believe mine has a 200r4 in it, but the shift indicator only has a D 2 1 , not OD, 3, 2, 1 like 84 and 85 (have yet to see another 80-83 lesabre in the junkyard to see if all of them had the 3 speed shift indicator, or if they were available with the 4 speed shift indicator too)
Back to top Go down
68scott385

68scott385

PostSubject: Re: couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre   couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:47 pm

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/General_Motors_transmissions

About halfway down the page is some very good automatic transmission identification information. Sounds to me like you have a th350c...the c indicates a lockup torque converter. The 700r4 never had a bell housing for mating to BOPC engines while the 200-4r has a dual pattern bell housing. The th350c was used for a few years before the automatic overdrives became available.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre   couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:05 am

It might be a 200, non-4R.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre   couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

couple quick questions on my 83 lesabre
Page 1 of 1