GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you know Sam?

Go down 
+4
Olds Weighty Eight
Bull
lakeffect
CowboyWagon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CowboyWagon

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:00 pm

Hello,

I did a little bit of research on our old cars... The Buick. I bought a Buick last fall and have been working on it over the summer... one problem leads to another of course and it has yet to see the road.

However, I found something out today that really made me proud. As we know, Buick started in Canada and was a real strong building block in the making of General Motors. Before the car was made, the founder Robert Mclaughin made carriges and buggies. In the early 1900's the company boomed making a carriage every 10 minutes. Eventually he passed the company onto his son Sam Mclaughin. Sam lived to be 100 years old.. Kinda cool. Anyway, Sam eventually was VP of General motors and they made the Mclaughin Buick. So on and so forth. If you want to read more you can google it.

The part that made me proud, was Mclaughin, Robert and Sam, are my.... Great Great Great Great Grand father. Infact, my Grandmother today still has the last name of Mclaughin. Not only was Mclaughin made in Canada. Its a part of my family history.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Speaking personally, on behalf of my grateful family, we'd also like to thank you folks for calling a truce in the war of 1812, which my great great (etc)  grandfather was therefore able to survive, (providing future genetic material for the rest of us) and of course  ice hockey and Labatt's beer.  Although my family does not have a vehicle named after us, we've been associated with common names for anal sphincter muscles for generations.

On the other hand, please feel free to take back Alex Trebec any time you want.

Dave

Last edited by lakeffect on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bull

Bull

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:23 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Speaking personally, on behalf of my grateful family, we'd also like to thank you folks for calling a truce in the war of 1812, which my great great (etc) grandfather was therefore able to survive, (providing future genetic material for the rest of us) and of course ice hockey and Labatt's beer. Although my family does not have a vehicle named after us, we've been associated with common names for anal sphincter muscles for generations.

Dave
This made me laugh like crazy!  Well done.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:38 pm

CowboyWagon wrote:
As we know, Buick started in Canada and was a real strong building block in the making of General Motors.
Ummmm, I think you are a bit confused. Buick was started by David Dunbar Buick in Flint, MI and became the basis for GM when bought by William Durant. McLaughlin partnered with Durant and wound up beginning GM of Canada.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 12:46 am

Thats the history that I have always read.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:19 am

Mclauchlin was first,.. canada, ftw.

just like the second world war was 42-44 for you johnny come lately's,..j/k, put the gun down.Laughing 

Nick
Back to top Go down
CowboyWagon

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:22 am

Yes its not exact, I didnt write it out in full detail.. just that Mclaughin in part of my family I find it pretty cool. Just wanted to share that with more Buick lovers!
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:21 am

lakeffect wrote:
OK, we'll take Alex, if we have to. But we're drawing the line at Celine.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:40 am

Leave Trebec. Take that dickhead Justin Bieber back.
Back to top Go down

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Leave Trebec. Take that dickhead Justin Bieber back.
+1,please take the little rich punk,leave the cars though!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:07 pm

no you guys can keep justin, consider it reparations for burning your white house.....

cause if we must take him back, he may want to visit his aunt, who lives in the house next door to me, I don't want that to happen
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:11 pm

He was, by all reports, a nice kid before he went south. What did you guys do to him anyway? Question 
Back to top Go down

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:23 pm

buickwagon wrote:
He was, by all reports, a nice kid before he went south. What did you guys do to him anyway? Question 
He may have been a nice kid until he met a few female fans that were determined to bed him and brag about it.Not that I care but the boy does seem to have a temper problem and always has.One of these days his giant bodyguards wont be quick enough and he,s going to get knocked on his ass!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:34 pm

buickestate wrote:
no you guys can keep justin, consider it reparations for burning your white house.....

cause if we must take him back, he may want to visit his aunt, who lives in the house next door to me, I don't want that to happen
Let's simplify things. Just burn his aunt's house down and both countries can call it even.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:00 pm

not happening Dave, she's a good neighbour, and likes my cars.......
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Well, NOW you tell me she's a wagon fan!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:55 pm

recently single too dave......
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:08 pm

I was recently reminded that I'm not.

Back to Buicks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you know Sam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you know Sam?   Do you know Sam? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you know Sam?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: