GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers

Go down 
+2
buickwagon
Bull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bull

Bull

Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers   Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 1:45 am

I need three of the little metal donut spacers that go on the bolts at each end of the exhaust manifolds. My manifolds were missing three end bolts, and so three spacers as well. I can buy them online for $1.74 each, but shipping is $10.50. It should cost a couple bucks to put them in a padded envelope.

If anyone can help, I'll be grateful.

Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers   Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:32 am

Give me the measurements and I'll make you a few and throw them in an envelope.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers   Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:47 am

I just used a bunch of washers stacked up and called it done. Furthermore, I used longer bolts and spacers on ALL of the bolts so that if a head pops off (as is common), you simply put an extractor on the shank and back the stud right out. Oh, and as soon as the head pops, the "ching ching ching" of washers hitting the pavement will tell you that it's time to address the problem!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers   Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Um,..
It,s my belief the factory spacers either expand too much and bust the bolts, or the manifold swells too quick and the spacers don't which busts the bolts,. either way,.i use flange bolts,.and not grade 8 either and i don't have a problem,.YRMV,.Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers 2TJ77_AS02?$productdetail$
but i,m no expert,..
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers   Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 12:51 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
but i,m no expert,..
He just plays one on TV. Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Bull

Bull

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers   Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm as far as one gets from being an expert. So, I read the forums to try and make up for it. It gets insane because no one agrees on ANYTHING.

I spent a lot of time in the last few days reading threads on the boards, especially the big Impala board, about exhaust bolts. Grade 5, Grade 8, stainless, spacers are good, spacers are bad, use Percys gaskets, use stock gaskets, use washers, use 1.25 bolts instead of 1.5 for the longs because 1.5 might bottom out, use even longer bolts with washers to prevent a flush break, use flanged bolts, use fully threaded bolts.

At some point I just have to pick a side and go with it. I chose ARP stainless bolts in 1.25 and 1" lengths, will use the spacers, stock gaskets, and hope I make out ok.

A fellow on Badass might have a handful of the spacers to send me; I'm waiting to see. buickwagon, your offer is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers   Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:33 pm

I might have a few of them from my engine swap last winter. I will check the next time I am at my dad's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers   Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Manifold Bolt Spacers
Page 1 of 1