GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL

Go down 
+2
Sprocket
Fred Kiehl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Empty
PostSubject: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:11 am

I need to have a part picked up in Mt. Dora, FL, and shipped. If you live really close the Mt. Dora and can work with me, I would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Fred, I don't think there is anyone from Orlando on here, you are probably the closest. May try the ISSF.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:23 pm

I posted there too.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Florida has a mountain???

Bill
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:17 pm

It is probably about 30 feet above sea level...that is a mountain down here. BTW, It is Mount, not mountain, which may not have anything to do with altitude.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:58 am

Yeah the FLA mountains. They are on the expressway between St. Pete and Miami. Up north we call it a landfill!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:00 am

FL has some hills at least.  Mostly in the panhandle which is quite different than the peninsula:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Florida's_highest_points

This list is incomplete as I know there is Hobe Mountain in Johnathan Dickenson State Park near me which is around 70ft above sea level.

I'm more familar with this ridge which is in the center of the peninsula:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Wales_Ridge
which also has a hill around 300 ft.

As for the landfills, I would not be surprised if some of them exceed the natural high point in FL as I've been on a couple that are 200+.

Last edited by Sprocket on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:48 pm

I guess that's what happens when you take a swamp and turn it into a State.

Bill
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:39 pm

mount dora??

perhaps it was not named topographically

but rather just graphically,.
Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Maybe 'mount' is a verb.......?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:55 pm

This has degenerated to a point that I would like to take my name off of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:34 pm

mount dora is 184 ft above sea level which is in the clouds for peninsula FL.

Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Wheres-the-mountain-idk-how-bout-u-go-find-it-thumb
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
This has degenerated to a point that I would like to take my name off of the thread.
Sorry for derailing your thread but I just couldn't resist. Florida is a lot of things, but mountainous is not one of them. Not unlike calling your new subdivision "Forest Ridge" than proceed to cut all the trees down.

Now lets get this thread back to the original request. Any one near Mt. Dora that could help Fred Out?

Bill
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:07 am

convert2diesel wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
Sorry for derailing your thread but I just couldn't resist.  Florida is a lot of things, but mountainous is not one of them.  Not unlike calling your new subdivision "Forest Ridge" than proceed to cut all the trees down.

Now lets get this thread back to the original request.  Any one near Mt. Dora that could help Fred Out?

Bill
Out of where? What? Who? When? Why?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 7:17 am

phantom 309 wrote:
convert2diesel wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
Sorry for derailing your thread but I just couldn't resist.  Florida is a lot of things, but mountainous is not one of them.  Not unlike calling your new subdivision "Forest Ridge" than proceed to cut all the trees down.

Now lets get this thread back to the original request.  Any one near Mt. Dora that could help Fred Out?

Bill
Out of where? What? Who? When? Why?
Give it a break, dude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL   Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need someone really close to Mt Dora, FL
Page 1 of 1