GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fuel pump for the TANK

Go down 
+2
DBeaSSt
big john and the TANK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
big john and the TANK

big john and the TANK

Fuel pump for the TANK Empty
PostSubject: Fuel pump for the TANK   Fuel pump for the TANK Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:14 pm

After many hours and many parts replaced the Tank now needs a new fuel pump. I am looking for any suggestions to where to buy. I don't have many funds at the moment but an looking for any info on how much I should save up. I have found the prices all over the place. Anywhere from a used one for 76.00 to a brand new one for 390.00. Thanks in advance.
BIG John
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump for the TANK   Fuel pump for the TANK Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Rock Auto, they carry several in varying prices. Smile You can also get senders, pump harnesses and such there as desired.

For the work involved getting the pump out, don't go used.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump for the TANK   Fuel pump for the TANK Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:37 pm

AutoZone sells the AC Delco pump. That's what I did when mine **** the bed. Job isn't as bad as everyone says, but it still sucks.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump for the TANK   Fuel pump for the TANK Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 7:04 pm

John, I have only bought one and that was close to 10 years ago. I bought it at NAPA and I believe it was $66 for just the pump.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump for the TANK   Fuel pump for the TANK Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Only buy the AC Delco. Stay away from the Bosch pump. There are some other brands, but the AC Delco is one of the best, and costs a reasonable amount. Do not forget to use the 5% discount code for Rock Auto if you get one there. I have a used one for an LT1, but I have not tested it, and do not know how good it is. I would sell it for $15 plus shipping. I am going to pull a sender unit from a 92 wagon later this week, and I can get the LO5 pump from that. The car was driven in to the yard. There is also a 96 RMS that was driven in, and I could pull it as well. I would charge $40 plus shipping for either.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump for the TANK   Fuel pump for the TANK Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:29 pm

I replaced mine with the Spectra Premium SP127B1H Fuel Hanger Assembly with Pump and Sending Unit for Buick/Chevrolet From Amazon. I paid $88 a month ago, it is now $103

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049QW1MG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump for the TANK   Fuel pump for the TANK Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:10 am

Don't buy a bosch, they are crap. I just replaced one that had about 40-50K on it. dunno what brand but it was NOT a DELCO. I've replaced two others with ones from cars I parted.
One was out of a 160K police car (was not the original) but it's been in my car for 45K+. The other was one I pulled at the JY for $10 and have put ~40K on it (that was OE off a wrecked low mile car).

The LT1 one I replaced had 178K on it and I know it was original. Delco may cost a lil more, but if it lasts that long.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump for the TANK   Fuel pump for the TANK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel pump for the TANK
Page 1 of 1