GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

transmission cooler in a 93 question.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Juanjo_NY

transmission cooler in a 93 question. Empty
PostSubject: transmission cooler in a 93 question.    transmission cooler in a 93 question. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,

my 93 have a class III hitch/3.23 rear axle, and I'd like to put a transmission cooler.
which are the transmission hoses from the back of the radiator?
there are two metal lines on the right side, and two rubber lines on the left.
Which one are for the transmission?
Any other thing I need to take into consideration before putting a transmission cooler?

Thanks.

PS.
will this be a good option for this car?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CIGE9G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: transmission cooler in a 93 question.    transmission cooler in a 93 question. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Transmission lines should run along the passenger side from the transmission to the radiator. The other hoses should be the engine oil cooler lines, which run from the oil filter adapter to the radiator on the drivers side of the car. If your 93 has the tow package it already had a transmission cooler and an oil cooler built into the radiator.
Back to top Go down
Juanjo_NY

PostSubject: Re: transmission cooler in a 93 question.    transmission cooler in a 93 question. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 3:20 pm

thanks,
so the metal line are the transmission.

is the transmission cooler built-in in the radiator as effective as putting an external one like the one I linked?

here are the specs of my RMW.
http://www.compnine.com/mycar.php?id=b32aac65da90ed36a6a3a2f0fe10c4cd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: transmission cooler in a 93 question.    transmission cooler in a 93 question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

transmission cooler in a 93 question.
Page 1 of 1