GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD

Go down 
+10
jasonlachapelle
mtrhead79
sherlock9c1
Sprocket
jayoldschool
GSBULLDOG
brokecello
phantom 309
4501 Safari
BigBlackBeaSSt
14 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Empty
PostSubject: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 1:13 pm

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?p=3163570&posted=1#post3163570

This will be a long post due to the number of photos. (Photo Set One and information here)

Glen West (GWTurbo) 1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon is offered for sale.

The wagon is being placed on the impalassforum and the longroof forum prior to local sale in hope a fellow forum member will give it a good home. Glen died April 18th this year. Many of you knew Glen and his love of this wagon and the forum fellowship. He was a true friend and is still missed. I have worked with his sons to prepare as concise an overview of the car as I know how. I believe it to be a true wood delete BW4, with almost 178K on the odometer. I’ve not had the opportunity to run a CarFax on the VIN though to confirm and forgot to look at the SIPD. The 22 photos give a good report on the car and its condition. Glen took meticulous care of the wagon. Although he was not the original owner, it received many of its finer touches you see in the photos under his stewardship.

Take a walk around the car and you notice the shine of the paint and the black accents on the mirrors and pillars. Glen added the euro headlamps and side lamps. He tried HID but went back to halogen lamps for better illumination. Glen found a heated rear window delete hatch glass on a salvage yard visit and replaced his heated glass with the rare clear window. The original is included with the car.

Wheels are American Racing 17 inch alloy with metal center caps. Tires are Kumho 255-50 R17. Look at the photos for detail and tread.

Inside you will find Bonneville bucket seats and an S10 Console with floor shift, all color matched. The radio is AM/FM/CD with satellite radio built in. In the rear cargo bay Glen added a 9C1 overhead lamp, separately switched, to augment the assist handle lamps. As usual, I don’t believe the 3rd seat was ever used. I never saw it with the second seat up until the photo session. Some of you may recall Glen experienced a driver’s door electrical short that fried the wiring. The door panel was replaced and a replacement door wiring harness located. The wiring is pretty well sorted out but there are still a few things he was tracing out when he died.

Underneath the car is as nice as the rest and commensurate with the overall condition of the wagon. There is a close-up of the S-10 shift linkage setup along with the undercarriage photos leading into the suspension. Bilsteins are at all four corners. Glen prompted me to invest in Bilstein shocks for my own ’95 RMW Limited. They are that good. Hotchkiss wagon spec front and rear sway bars are present with the rear bar mated to adjustable lower control arms. I am not certain what the manufacturer is, but you can judge from the photo of the LCA & sway bar mount.

Glen replaced the transmission in the last year. It is not a tow package car, so the rear is not a posi.

The engine compartment shows a host of modifications. (Including a separately switched under hood lamp!) All coolant hoses are 9C1 SEO silicone with correct clamps. Water pump is an electric Meziere WP118HD unit with Gary’s wiring hook up kit.

The black powder coated RAISS deflector is attached to a billet aluminum radiator top dress piece. The Cone intake filter and MAF mount to the intake with a Corvette intake boot. The Corvette throttle cover adds to the custom white Corvette engine dress kit with Roadmaster nameplates on each cover. The intake mates to F-Body aluminum heads, installed within the last year along with the Edlebrock Mdl 6603 Headers (CARB ID NO 215 17).

For additional information, please contact Cary West at carywest@comcast.net or  386-336-2099. While the price is set at $3500.00, feel free to offer more. Glen would be proud.

Richard Snipes, 4501 Safari on the forums.

Last edited by BigBlackBeaSSt on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4501 Safari

SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Uploading photos here is not working for me...   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Go to the impalassforum link Tim posted and view the photos.  Any questions you may contact Glen's son Cary, (contact info in post), or me.  In case you do not know, the car is in Florida.

Thanks for the interest,
Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 1:49 pm

What I would give to have the money to purchase this...

Sigh. Someday.

Interestingly, its original headlights are currently on my car. Smile
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Stingroo wrote:

Sigh. Someday.

How much is a kidney worth in florida?

Is the interior tan?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Man, that is a killer deal with the mods and condition....

Nick, it is tan (leather tan Bonnies too)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 5:49 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Stingroo wrote:

Sigh. Someday.

How much is a kidney worth in florida?

Is the interior tan?
Kidneys go for quite a bit. You're Canadian... do you know a doctor? LOL

Yeah, it's tan. I've sat in it. He recently put two low mileage passenger seat bottoms in the Bonnies and they're the nicest set I've been in. Not crushed at all. That was the last time I talked to Glen in person, and he gave me the lights and a new multifunction stalk.
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Man that is a really good deal on that wagon . Wish mine was that nice  . Who ever picks it up will be very happy .
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:15 pm

It's sold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Are you the new owner Jason?I hope it stays with the wagon family!
Back to top Go down
4501 Safari

PostSubject: Looks like Glen's Wagon is SOLD...   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Just got word Glen's wagon is SOLD.

Not too bad as it took less than 4 hours.

Maybe I should sell cars, eh?

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 5:26 am

Not that I had the money, but damn, totally missed it and someone got a great deal on a wonderful car. Hope they treat it with the love and care that Glen did.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Home sweet home. She will be well taken care of.   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 10:16 pm

SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Glens_wagon_home_zps9e10a17b
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:14 pm

I know Joel will take the best care of this special wagon.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:44 pm

cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:14 pm

good home,. well done Joel.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Thank you all.  I've always admired Glen and his wagon and was honored to be able to purchase it.  Although I've never done one before I think I'll start a sort of build thread to keep a log as I finish getting the door damage repaired and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:22 am

good luck with it joel. hope it does not see NY winters
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:07 am

mtrhead79 wrote:
hope it does not see NY winters
me too.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 12:15 pm

cheers  Score! I'm sure Glen is happy it's still in the family. Enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 5:21 pm

your purchase was good and you should feel good.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Once again, congrats on the purchase Joel. It went to a very good home.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Big news she arrived.... great Joel congrats....
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Congrats Joel. I know you'll make Glenn Proud. I'm sure he'd be happy to see one of us get it.
lat time I checked the plate name "moby dick" was available.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 1:32 am

Glad Glen's car is in good hands Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD   SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale.  $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOLD **Glen West's wagon is up for sale. $3500 is a great price for this car.**SOLD
Page 1 of 1