GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rear speakers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lowbody2

lowbody2

rear speakers Empty
PostSubject: rear speakers   rear speakers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:55 pm

i was messing around with my wagon and looked in the speaker holes for the rear and noticed theres nothing to mount the speaker to. i really want to add some rear speakers to the car, is there some sort of bracket thats missing ?
Back to top Go down
lowbody2

lowbody2

rear speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear speakers   rear speakers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:51 am

anyone?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

rear speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear speakers   rear speakers Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:25 am

If you pop the rear grilles off just behind the back seat, you should see the metal bracket to mount 6x9's. I don't think you can see it with the cover on.
Back to top Go down
lowbody2

lowbody2

rear speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear speakers   rear speakers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:41 pm

yea i had the grilles off, didnt see anything there.
Back to top Go down
92SS Wagon

92SS Wagon

rear speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear speakers   rear speakers Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:57 pm

the brackets may be attached to the rear panels! I have seen a couple that way but mine aren't. You can always build a small wooden box to drop in the hole and hold the speakers. I did and they sound MUCH better anyways
Back to top Go down
http://www.bowmanhunter.com
firewood

firewood

rear speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear speakers   rear speakers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:11 pm

92SS Wagon wrote:
the brackets may be attached to the rear panels! I have seen a couple that way but mine aren't. You can always build a small wooden box to drop in the hole and hold the speakers. I did and they sound MUCH better anyways
The factory rear speaker locations are hideously underdeveloped. Putting a small box in helps, even some simple off the shelf baffles help.

Better yet, you could mount them in the tailgate. I'd have to dig to find it, but there was a guy on ISSF with a pair of 10" wolfers in his tailgate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rear speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear speakers   rear speakers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rear speakers
Page 1 of 1