GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My latest OCC, what a Leaker

Go down 
+4
bamalongroof
Wagoninabox
DBeaSSt
jetfire88
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jetfire88

jetfire88

My latest OCC, what a Leaker Empty
PostSubject: My latest OCC, what a Leaker   My latest OCC, what a Leaker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 4:20 am

This is the newest addition to the fleet. A '91 OCC, Gray with Red Leather guts. 62k, Posi, Tow package.

It came from a PA dealer via CraigsList, but it was a private sale. Car pix looked good, Title copy looked OK, Carfax was OK, price was $3200, shipping was $600. Whats not to like?

When it got here the fun began. The title he sent me was not acceptable to WI, he filled out the back but never put it in his name so I had to send it back and it took him 4 weeks to return it.

It used a half inch of coolant from the tank every trip, the bottom end rattled on every start after sitting for more than a few minutes, Neither rear door window was on track, the RR had BOTH sliders broken. Broke antenna, smokers car, all the ashtrays were full. Rear wiper was a pretzel, glass shocks were junk. One flyaway was missing.

The oil cooler lines have been removed and plugged, it has a plastic radiator that wouldn't allow the cap to seal. I filed the neck area to get a cap to fit and work right. I drained 7 quarts of slime from it and put in 20/50w with a fresh filter. Still rattles, so I guess it's time for an L05. I suspect the cooler lines leaked and the previous 92 year old owner it ran out of oil.

There was a leak in the cargo area. I dropped the headliner and used brushable seam sealer on all the nuts, I think it sticks better and lasts longer than silicone. Still leaked, so I looked further. The right side window seal is junk, heres how it looks in real life.
https://youtu.be/VK6AG3eeQfw

Other than those issues, it's tight and drives like a real fresh car.
Attachments
My latest OCC, what a Leaker Attachment91-occ-grey-06.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(65 Kb) Downloaded 41 times
My latest OCC, what a Leaker Attachment91-occ-grey-03.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(66 Kb) Downloaded 36 times
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: My latest OCC, what a Leaker   My latest OCC, what a Leaker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:14 am

Always one of my favorite color combo's. Congrats and hope you get all the little issues taken care of. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: My latest OCC, what a Leaker   My latest OCC, what a Leaker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:29 am

Nice looking! The little stuff is annoying only for a short while. You will have an awesome rig in no time. That is one heck of a seal leak in the video! Will you teak the window out and seal with fresh bead or just try to work in a seamfil sealent?
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: My latest OCC, what a Leaker   My latest OCC, what a Leaker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Good looking wagon would have been nice to know about the motor beforehand but all is fixable.... PS: thanks for the roadee bumper. Jeff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My latest OCC, what a Leaker   My latest OCC, what a Leaker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Best of luck with your 91 OCC and I hope you become as attached to yours as I am to mine.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: My latest OCC, what a Leaker   My latest OCC, what a Leaker Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 am

I did a post on quarter window replacement. Get an oscillating cutter from Harbor Freight. Make the black blade into a double knife edge and remove about 1/8 of an inch from the end, so you do not scratch the paint on the outside. Remove the glass from the inside only, except for the front edge. There is a screw on the bottom under the trim behind the rear door.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: My latest OCC, what a Leaker   My latest OCC, what a Leaker Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:11 am

Nice color, gunmetal grey or the all gold OCC are my favorite 91's
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: My latest OCC, what a Leaker   My latest OCC, what a Leaker Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:00 am

Love the color combo,good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My latest OCC, what a Leaker   My latest OCC, what a Leaker Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:31 am

You'll love it once you sort it out. With those miles it has a ton of life left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My latest OCC, what a Leaker   My latest OCC, what a Leaker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My latest OCC, what a Leaker
Page 1 of 1