GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior

Go down 
+4
phantom 309
bamalongroof
silverfox103
Tom Wingo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Empty
PostSubject: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:29 pm

My 93 RMW will never win awards, but it is fun to drive and tinker with!!!!!!!

FRONT DRIVER'S SEAT - replaced with passenger seat - recline hardware switched so recline handle is on the proper side...console will cover original hole on the inside...better than the torn/worn original + picked up room for a console--if/when I find a console I like--floor shift??...

REAR SEAT BOTTOM - replaced with RMS back seat bottom - picked from JY--sedan seat bottom is a little wider so - used the RMW seat frame/modified the RMS foam slightly and installed the RMS seat cover...a little better than the wagon original that was torn/worn.....

STEERING WHEEL - replaced old airbag with GM wheel - replaced the Chevy horn button with a Buick side body emblem from JY---will upgrade with some SRM? paint/dye later....

"So what is old is new" and cushions are improved and wheel is much nicer.....these wagons are FUN to tinker with and what lookiing for JY parts is a fun thing to do....just have to beat some other B Body guys to the JY.......

Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior 5thwheelcamper006_zps0a32bdf1
NEW DRIVERS SEAT / FORMER PASSENGER SEAT.......

Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior 5thwheelcamper005_zpscb54c018
NEW DRIVERS SEAT FORMER PASSENGER SEAT-LESS BUTT TIIME SO CUSHY

Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior 5thwheelcamper004_zps44881aa3
NEW BACK SEAT BOTTOM FROM RMS FITS NICELY WITH SLIGHT MODS!!!!!

Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior 5thwheelcamper003_zps3468e001
NEW GM WHEEL (NON AIRBAG) WITH BUICK SIDE BODY EMBLEM FITTED INTO HORN BUTTON SPACE!!!

Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior 133_zps6f37d527
Carol on a recent trip to South FL for Thanksgiving with friends in Englewood and back to the Turkey Run in Daytona................
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Lookin good Tom, I have the same sedan seat in my RMW. It is a much better seat.

Tom
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi Tom that looks nice what console do you have in there now? Do you have a few more photos? Jeff
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:42 pm

I like your ingenuity,. keep going,..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 6:26 pm

Great mods Tom,really like that you kept the woodgrain with the satin black paintjob!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Jeff - that's a Blazer console. I run one in my wagon, too.

I love that Lumina wheel, Tom. The extra thickness on the rim feels so much nicer in-hand than the factory wheels.

I also like that the RMS seat matches the fronts a lot better. Looks nice.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:48 am

Very cool! Wheel looks great too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Nice mods, specially the rear seat.
Pete
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 5:30 pm

The Buick sticker in the steering wheel is a nice touch...would like to do an Olds that way.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:00 pm

Tom,

How did you move the recline lever? I'm about to do the same in my car but I have no idea where to start on moving the lever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior   Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Is New In 93 RMW Interior
Page 1 of 1