GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?   Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:16 pm

The link posted here is what appears to be Shammoo's long lost brother, the third car. it was posted in 2007. If anyone has a My Space account to help track it down, I would be most appreciative of your efforts to relay the info to me

I recognize the two tone seats as exactly the same Griffy Upholstery seats that are in Shammoo and it's sister car.

WARNING the associated sound track to the video is full of very graphic "lryics" many of us would find genuinely offensive. Keep those who might be offended away, or turn off the sound.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=5311068

Last edited by lakeffect on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?   Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Well the person who posted that video, according to MySpace, lives in Wooster, Ohio. He's 28 years old, and hasn't logged into the site in about a month. I'll send him a message and tell him about the site. Smile
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?   Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:21 pm

You might add that you know of another Kicker demo car. Thanks for your help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?   Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:22 pm

I told him I knew a past owner of the car, as well as the owner of its twin. Smile

We'll see how long until/if he replies.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?   Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Thanks for the efforts. The video had a notation of being posted in 2007, so at least, I know the vehicle was still around three years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?   Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:27 pm

When did you sell it?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?   Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Mine was not sold by me, it was sold to me . I purchased Shammoo about six years ago. Its history that I've uncovered so far was that it was fabricated in Stillwater Oklahoma by Kicker. According to records they were kind enough to share, they spent over $60.000 on each of the three cars like it. They were not quite identical, having built the first they got better ideas as they went along. Mine was the last of the three built, the West Coast car. One of the cars was nicknamed Moby, don't know the third

They sold them off, I have an ad slick from them listing each up for sale for $35.000 at the time. Don''t know if they got it. I was told by the previous owner that when Shammoo was sold off, it was purchased by a factory rep from the Portland Oregon area. In turn, he sold it off to own of his vendors in Boise Idaho. I bought off from that owner.

In it's history, other than having to wait the time for custom plates to be ordered, it has always carried the plate name of Shammoo.

I'd seen the second car up for sale on Ebay a few years ago, and put a few bids on it. It should be still around, but I doubt that's the one I saw on video. The seats were the giveaway. Kicker had three sets of four bucket seats custom stitched in Gray and Purple. Those were the seats I saw in the video, so I'm sure that's one of the three original interior.

Keep me posted on any responses that come your way
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?   Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:46 pm

So...did Shammoo come with the same junk in the trunk like the wagon in the video? I did not look at your interior at WF09 (dangit)...I like those seats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?   Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 pm

No junk in my trunk. It was stripped out by one of the two previous owners. I'd seen pictures of it different than shown, having three square 15's in the back, and I believe five amps.

I can also say the stuff you saw in the video was not the original configuration by Kicker, They had 4 round 18' subs in all three cars, two on each side at a 45* angle. The video shows six (maybe 15's) facing the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?   Anybody seen Shammoo's brother? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody seen Shammoo's brother?
Page 1 of 1