GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...

Go down 
+2
bamalongroof
brokecello
6 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Empty
PostSubject: All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...   All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:28 pm

Got the fleet uncovered, washed and out yesterday. Took the Fleetwood up to Asheville for lunch to stretch it's legs (haven't driven it in a month or two). If you ever pass through Asheville on I40...you GOTTA stop at Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack! Man I love that place. Was worth the hour drive there from my house!!

All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... IMG_5368_zpse2223037
All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... 53977b6d-93ca-4c18-8f09-8d155147e3ae_zps3155a4c4
All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... IMG_5370_zps6b73fe7e

Then I put all 3 together for a group shot before they had to be covered back up....needless to say it was a sight. I don't know how you guys with 3+ cars do it. Its a lot to maintain honestly!!

All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... IMG_5389_zps05eceba6
All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Af431dbe-1340-4af2-96bc-1555eedabd4f_zpsc36b148d
All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... IMG_5380_zps24eb170d
All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... IMG_5393_zps8f66fbe9
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...   All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Good looking collection.
Back to top Go down
kadonte

kadonte

PostSubject: Re: All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...   All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 12:32 am

I love that Fleetwood. Got to get one of those next.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...   All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 7:39 am

Nice looking chicken!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...   All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 8:51 am

That's a sweet Fleetwood monster truck.

....Hanging with Tim is starting to influence me in negative ways.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...   All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 9:25 am

Maintain!! Try 3 daily drivers and 2 weekend warriors!!!!

Finally getting the wagon in the garage where it belongs. Keeping that up and in shape while putting 30-35k miles a year on it was getting to be CRAZY! Now I can do longer term projects and leave it apart for a stretch. Headers to come off for a re-coat, a little grumpy about the Jet Hot coating rusting after just a few months!!! New valve seals while it is down, then to pull the tranny and get rid of the tranny leaks, maybe upgraded clutch hydraulics.

The Impala needs to get to the paint shop and get the deer damage repaired. Picking up my new used hood from Wagon Collector this week - THANKS KEVIN!! Hood or not to hood (Suncoast) that is the question!!

The Vue has been relatively low maintenance, although I am about to turn 210k on it. Might be replacing it with something that sips fuel a little better. Just did struts and shocks!

The Sable (wife's drive) again low on the maintenance side, as my father had replaced EVERYTHING on the car before I got it.

The Xtreme (daughters car) just starting in on this one. Rebuilt steering, shocks arrived yesterday. Going to be a while to work all of the bugs out.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...   All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:33 am

Chicken and wagons sure go together! Dad and I stopped by Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken on Front Street in Memphis on the way to Austin.
All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... 145_Memphis_Gus_Fried_Chicken
All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... IMG_20120902_213719
All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... IMG_20120902_213618
I gotta say that was in fact THE BEST fried chicken I've ever had. Not greasy, very spicy, and served with slaw, beans, and bread. I LOVE Memphis, I really do.
All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Friend_chicken_plate

That said, looking at the pics above, I'm ready for another road trip!!

Great pics! Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...   All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 10:34 am

Oh and I agree, I need a Fleetwood eventually. Very cool!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...   All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 11:52 am

Wow! Oh WOW. They just opened up a Gus's in Austin! I know where I'm going this weekend!!

All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... 1978738_10202234533158643_735301970_n
All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... 1911863_10202234534838685_471322489_n

Too cool!!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...   All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All about the chicken...and, yeah...the neighbors were looking...
Page 1 of 1