GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driver's door weatherstripping replacement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lamune

lamune

Driver's door weatherstripping replacement Empty
PostSubject: Driver's door weatherstripping replacement   Driver's door weatherstripping replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:54 am

My 95 RMW's door weatherstripping is completely missing in places- you can hear road noise and feel the breeze while you drive.

Never having tackled this sort of thing before, if anyone can offer a good replacement source (I remember JC Whitney used to sell stuff like that) and some pointers as to how to do it, I'll give it a go!

Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Driver's door weatherstripping replacement   Driver's door weatherstripping replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Check the local junk yards for weather striping. Look for Roadmaster/Caprice sedans, and wagons, they're the same seal. The drivers door seals are hard to find in good condition from what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Driver's door weatherstripping replacement   Driver's door weatherstripping replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm more worried about damaging the thing seeing how hard they are to find. How does it come off/get put on?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Driver's door weatherstripping replacement   Driver's door weatherstripping replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 9:39 pm

pull off. slip on. It really IS that easy
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Driver's door weatherstripping replacement   Driver's door weatherstripping replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:10 pm

All right! That's what I want to hear! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dos Vagones

Dos Vagones

PostSubject: Re: Driver's door weatherstripping replacement   Driver's door weatherstripping replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 6:43 pm

Superior Finish wrote:
pull off. slip on. It really IS that easy

scratch And THAT is probably the reason why the passenger door trim went "missing". ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver's door weatherstripping replacement   Driver's door weatherstripping replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver's door weatherstripping replacement
Page 1 of 1