GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need Power Steering Pump

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JIMMYDPCC

Need Power Steering Pump Empty
PostSubject: Need Power Steering Pump   Need Power Steering Pump Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:52 am

Hello all, I am Jimmy from Fort Wayne Indiana. I am in need of a power steering pump for my 1995 RMW. I believe mine has the power assist, but forget how to check options codes. any help would be appreciated or if you have part let me know.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Need Power Steering Pump Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Power Steering Pump   Need Power Steering Pump Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:04 pm

Jimmy,

The difference in the PS on the RMW vs Caprice is a sensor on the steering shaft outside of the firewall and an extension on the back of the PS pump. Yours should have the variable assist and have the extension.

IMPORTANT: When you remove the old pump be sure to keep the extension and/or the valve that screws in the back of the old pump, they typically do not come with replacement pumps.

Identifying this is easy. If your steering pressure line comes out toward the fender well you have the variable assist. If it comes in from the rear of the pump (firewall side) like my Impala then it does not have that on it.

BTW the 9C1 style lines with a cooler built in are available for both options if that is something you might replace.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down

Need Power Steering Pump
Page 1 of 1