GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

roof rack cross pieces

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rick-ii

roof rack cross pieces Empty
PostSubject: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:42 pm

Removed roof rack cross pieces to paint them.  Installed but tabs will not lock down. Did I muck them up?

Any help is appreciated
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Depending on what car you have, they may have nut plates in the channels. If you only have one, it may not have the clip positioned in the channel properly. You could have bent the locking tabs when you were taking them off. You have to remove the retainer at the back of the channel to remove the racks.
Back to top Go down
rick-ii

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:47 am

Fred - thanks - I am now thinking I have the wrong cross pieces from what I have been told. The vehicle is a 95 Caprice but the cross pieces may be from a 91-93. So, may have to track some down
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 8:11 am

Where are you located?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:15 pm

rick-ii wrote:
Fred - thanks - I am now thinking I have the wrong cross pieces from what I have been told.  The vehicle is a 95 Caprice but the cross pieces may be from a 91-93.  So, may have to track some down

I believe they are not compatible. I may be able to get you a set of 94 cross pieces. I will have to check on the price if you are interested. Probably about $60-70 shipped.
Back to top Go down
rick-ii

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Fred. Turns out 95 caprice uses the cross members with tabs. Do the ones you have lock down tight?

Rick
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:13 pm

They are stock 95 cross rails Rick or at least what was on the car when I got it and identical to the 2 other 95 Caprice Wagons I had.
Back to top Go down
rick-ii

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:47 am

Rob. Yep I realized they are the correct ones. I think I "mucked" them up when I painted them as they don't clip down well now. Dang!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 8:18 pm

If you end up needing a set, pm me an address. I have a set from a 94. Ten bucks plus actual shipping.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 11:12 pm

Looks like 94woody beats me on price, I have to pay more for them than he wants.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 11:18 pm

They are left over from my rack delete is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: roof rack cross pieces   roof rack cross pieces Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

roof rack cross pieces
Page 1 of 1