GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rear window wont open

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockguy

rockguy

rear window wont open Empty
PostSubject: rear window wont open   rear window wont open Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:33 pm

hey guys, so the rear window on my caprice wagon wont open, worked fine i had loaded some stuff in it, got home and it wouldnt open, via the button on the dash or the key in the back, the pull knob comes up and it looks unlocked, and i can hear it sound like its unlocking it but the window wont budge. idk what to do . anyone experience this before?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: rear window wont open   rear window wont open Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Haven't experienced it, but you may be able to open it with your key. Turn the key in the lock to unlock the gate, and turn a little farther. It should pop the glass.

Try putting the trans in neutral and open it. The shifter position sensor at the bottom of the column only allows the gate glass to open when in neutral or park.

You may have a broken solenoid bracket. If so, you have to remove the interior of the gate to access it.
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: rear window wont open   rear window wont open Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:27 am

All the time. Insert key and turn to the left
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: rear window wont open   rear window wont open Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:53 am

If you're lucky like I was then you just need to add a screw to mount the button actuated solenoid back properly. Using the key to open the lift gate manually should work unless the problem lies elsewhere, like Fred said.
Back to top Go down
rockguy

rockguy

PostSubject: Re: rear window wont open   rear window wont open Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:23 am

yeah turning the key is now not working, i can turn to the right and lock with the key but it wont turn past like 3/4ths the way to the left and wont open at all. how could i even go about getting it open ?
Back to top Go down
rockguy

rockguy

PostSubject: Re: rear window wont open   rear window wont open Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 8:36 am

well left it alone for a few days, but it was still really hard to turn my key but i finally got the glass to pop, then i sprayed wd40 on the latches and on the part that grabs the glass aswell as in the lock. now it works like a charm.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: rear window wont open   rear window wont open Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 am

Never under estimate a well placed "Fonzi knock"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rear window wont open   rear window wont open Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 10:58 am

Eyyyyyy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rear window wont open   rear window wont open Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Eyyyyyy.

Its AYYYYYYYYYYYYYY you young whippersnapper! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rear window wont open   rear window wont open Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rear window wont open
Page 1 of 1