GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another thread about LED CHSL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Another thread about LED CHSL Empty
PostSubject: Another thread about LED CHSL   Another thread about LED CHSL Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 11:57 am

I picked a couple of Escape third brake lights last week, and installed one. I found out that you have to pull the wires out and get the resistor (29 ohm) and diode to keep the LEDs from self destructing. I made a couple of small clips from sheet brass to hold the bar with the LEDs to the bottom of the assembly. I cut a small groove in each end of the white portion to locate the bar as well. The ground light clip is the one on the left, and the end with the resistor goes to that end, and the one with the diode goes to the positive on the right side. I removed the clips from the light bar, and bent the tabs down for clearance. If you remove the wire clips from the light bar, and solder the wires to the tang, then bent the tang down. I also soldered the wires to the light clips. To make sure the spring tension on the contacts for the connector strip I put a couple pieces of scrap wood where the original light bulb was located.

I tried to upload some pics, but they would not work. If you want pics of the installation, PM me with your email address.
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Another thread about LED CHSL   Another thread about LED CHSL Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Here's the pictures for Fred's mod

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Another thread about LED CHSL   Another thread about LED CHSL Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:48 pm

I picked up a few of the LEDs if anyone is interested in making the swap.

Last edited by Fred Kiehl on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Another thread about LED CHSL   Another thread about LED CHSL Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 10:50 am

Yes, but very interested
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another thread about LED CHSL   Another thread about LED CHSL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another thread about LED CHSL
Page 1 of 1