GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stupid trunk pull down motor.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Stupid trunk pull down motor. Empty
PostSubject: Stupid trunk pull down motor.   Stupid trunk pull down motor. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 9:11 pm

my motor went up when I opened the trunk. But when I latch it, it doesn't pull it down... Sad

When I got the car the motor was disconnected and broken. I sourced one from the JY from an 82K Caddy and it worked fine for the last 2 months.
Saturday I used the trunk no issue. Later in the afternoon I put my bag in there and it wouldn't close. I was about 70 miles from home and figured, it was latched although not 'seated', so after 3 or 4 tries I got in and drove. I stopped 2 miles away for a drink and when I got out it was closed.

I proceeded on my way and when I got home, opened it to get my bag out. It worked fine.
This morning I opened it and placed an item in and it closed fine. After work tonight, I opened it and it wouldn't close again.

Okay at least I'm home....I still had the broken one so I figured I'd just swap it back in until I could figure it out.
I had a crap day at work and was hurrying in the dying light.....and I plugged it in....So now the broken one extended. I tried closing that one but it's broken and wouldn't pull down.

I know I have voltage as the old one extended.

I don't know if the one I have in there is bad or if there is an issue with the reverse voltage to pull it down.....

I treied taking the broken one apart to manually lower it to no avail...... FSM was not helpful Sad

Luckily it won't rain tonight so even though it's latched it's still partially open.

Other note: Tonight the trunk ajar light was on while I was driving. Don't recall if it came on or not on Saturday....
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Stupid trunk pull down motor.   Stupid trunk pull down motor. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Go ask at the Caddy forum.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Stupid trunk pull down motor.   Stupid trunk pull down motor. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 9:20 pm

already cross posted
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Stupid trunk pull down motor.   Stupid trunk pull down motor. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 9:15 am

The switch from up to down may be internally triggered in the pull down. You should try a third one, and see if it works. You have two old ones right now. From what I remember, Lincolns used the same pull down mechanism.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Stupid trunk pull down motor.   Stupid trunk pull down motor. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:06 am

After speaking with Chris last night (it gave him fits too) and Tim GaSSt, I think it's the switch that is mounted on the trunk lid. Yes, 90s Lincolns also use same. Will be sourcing one.

I managed to get the 'broken' one retracted (took it apart and manually moved it) so I'll be reinstalling that one for now...
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Stupid trunk pull down motor.   Stupid trunk pull down motor. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Lol...your avatar Sprocket! haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Stupid trunk pull down motor.   Stupid trunk pull down motor. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 10:49 pm

Did you ever get this problem resolved? When I bought my Fleetwood it was already disconnected, so the pull down does not work at all. It just closes like a regular trunk lid. After 4 years it still works perfectly. Unless you really need the pull down, just leave it be.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Stupid trunk pull down motor.   Stupid trunk pull down motor. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Sort off. The one that was in the car was broken from someone slamming it. I talked to Chris and he told me how to take it apart and I manually wound it and put that one back in. Since then I nabbed another pull down switch at the JY but haven't gotten around to it yet....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid trunk pull down motor.   Stupid trunk pull down motor. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid trunk pull down motor.
Page 1 of 1